3rd Gear Again

Just got back from 3K trip around Southern France and 3rd gear was playing up again.

Engages with no problems and drive is as normal but there was a very very loud rattling/grating noise as if it was about to explode.

I think the gear set is OK and the synchro is Ok. Any ideas ?

It has Jubu 3/4 and oil cooler.

Also I can confirm Porks GT3 tyres don’t last more than 4 days when enthusiastically driven on mountain roads:

Thanks

Ex77

Dude how many miles on those tires ?

3 days of mountain roads. Probably 600 miles of motorway and 800 miles of twisty roads. Quite a few hairpins :wink:

The owner had a very agressive geo on it so it “Handled” like his old Lotus.

The Fronts went half a day earlier but just on one edge.

Ex77

Still wins EVO car of the year though :crazy:

Tossers :smiley:

I did have a go in the Porker and it was very good but I would not like this chaps tyre bills. :cry:

Ex77

Welcome home Henry.
Do the masses a favour and get your gearbox broken down
I know of no proven Jubu failures and before spending my hard earned ,more info would be useful.
At least the Porker proved there is metal in radials

[quote=661]Welcome home Henry.
Do the masses a favour and get your gearbox broken down
I know of no proven Jubu failures and before spending my hard earned ,more info would be useful.[/quote]
You just read my mind almost word for word 661 !
:confused:

Yeah, not good news on the Jubu front.

Those tyres are cool, that shows some spirited driving!!

There was a guy at Spa last year that got through three sets of tyres in two days on his 997 GT3. They are heavy on brakes as well apparently.

BOT boys will be opening her up shortly.

I am thinking it’s a bearing or something as the engagemnet and drive were fine.

The joys of Lotus ownership. Just when you thought you had it cracked :frowning:

Ex77

[quote=Exige77]
The joys of Lotus ownership. Just when you thought you had it cracked :frowning:

Ex77 [/quote]

To be fair you should say “the joys of modding”. If you have gone beyon 260 its not really a lotus fault… :wink:

[quote=tim_marra][quote=Exige77]

Ex77 [/quote]

To be fair you should say “the joys of modding”. If you have gone beyon 260 its not really a lotus fault… :wink: [/quote]

I haven’t even mentioned the stuck window, the heater blower not working, the various lights that work/dont work sometimes, the leaks, the rattles, the resistor pack, the inside of the car covered in shit after every Long Euro trip, the stack system wobblies, the aircon compressor, the rubbish gear linkage, the cigarete lighter failure (no sat nav power) I can probably think of more.

The good days when everything works makes up for it though :slight_smile:

Ex77

^^^ :smiley: :grin:fantastic :smiley: :smiley:^^^

Oh dear, i’ll get me coat then :smiley:

Quote - ‘the inside of the car covered in shit after every Long Euro trip’

Yeah I have always loved how the air vents help you be at one with the outside world…

Oh and just dump the aircon :wink:

I think that’s why I have kept this one, it’s actually been really good so far (touch wood) and the fear is another might just be a bit of a dog like my last one.

^^^ bump ^^^ any news on what part has failed yet ?
Jubu,s are back in circulation … Would be very helpful to know how your box has become poorly .

Are they real Jubu’s though???

By that I mean, I know the original Jubu’s were made by a very very reputable gear manufacturer. Do we know for sure where the new ones are coming from, and are they of similar quality???

Exactly the reason why I declined to buy the set last week !
Only time will tell if the new batch/supplier is up to scratch.
I know only too well never to drive/fly the mark one of anything :wink:

Away on Business at the mo.

Will get to Back on Track next week.

Once the box is opend up I will post some pics and possible cause.

Ex77

[quote=Exige77]Away on Business at the mo.

Will get to Back on Track next week.

Once the box is opend up I will post some pics and possible cause.

Ex77 [/quote]

Any news on your gearbox yet?