2bular GT3 + 211 Rear

clean it? Nevebothered myself :wink:

[quote=ade]clean it? Nevebothered myself :wink:
[/quote]

You can’t tell :smiley:

Jacqui wants me to get one of these as well, must put it on my order with Castle along with the central locking relay…

Brillo Pad :wink:

I said clean it not scratch it to death :blush:

[quote=Boothy]Thanks JBS, I think Jim says there is not much in it tbh. Just had a look and the 8" GT3 is 7.7kgs but I cant see the weight of the 6".

I still need to do a write up on this, Paul at CN’s says someone has already been on and bought a 211 rear plinth though.

As an aside what do people clean the tail pipe with? mine is going manky already and nothing seems to bring it up to a nice even finish (even autosol).

Boothy [/quote]

That was me that bought the plinth off CN’s. fitted it up today! looks and sounds awesome!

cant belive how many bits you can get rid of.

How did you do it Dave? did you use long bolts to space it like myself or fab something up?

cheers

Boothy

Yeah used long bolts and used some dowell’s i had. It all fitted quite well didnt need to drill anything.

Dave

Dowells to allow a pivot? My bolts were at an angle due to the boot floor angle, In hind sight I probably could of got away without drilling the floor but it just helped with the angle.

cheers

Boothy

I didnt have that much of an angle, used a penny washer and grinded the angle of the dowell so it all fits qiute well.

ive got to remove and get some better looking heat rap for the cat and exhaust bend.

dave

I did not bother wrapping mine, touch wood its been ok so far. I just need a stainless cat now :smiley:

Yep im going to try and get a supercharger bolted on in the new year, and then manifold and cat from jim. (money willing)

Is there no risk, that the number plate might melt? Looking at this 211’s rear, it still has some part of the heat shield behind the plinth.

[quote=jbs]Is there no risk, that the number plate might melt? Looking at this 211’s rear, it still has some part of the heat shield behind the plinth.

[/quote]

Cover the rear of the plate in baking foil Joel, it’ll be fine :wink:

Ive been doing the engine mounts and wraping the exhaust on mine so while i am at it i’m changing the exhaust to side exit and reducing the rear panel.

Pic’s here on potobucket

[quote=Mikespeed]Ive been doing the engine mounts and wraping the exhaust on mine so while i am at it i’m changing the exhaust to side exit and reducing the rear panel.

Pic’s here on potobucket [/quote]

Which back box is that you are modifying. If its the Lotus Stage 2 its going to be mighty loud.

Not really sure i was told it was a Forge stage 3, if its too loud i might get a silenced de-cat pipe.

I’m really digging this mod :smiley:

Are you leaving the hole in the diffuser?

@Jonny, I see that you also have the 2bular header, are you satisfied with it and what’s the weight loss ? :whistle:

[quote=jbs]I’m really digging this mod :smiley:

Are you leaving the hole in the diffuser?

@Jonny, I see that you also have the 2bular header, are you satisfied with it and what’s the weight loss ? :whistle: [/quote]

2bular do/did a blank for the hole in the diffuser, you would need to speak to Jim :slight_smile:

Thats what I have.

Not sure of the weight savings, but mine is coming off in the new year so I will find out then.