2017 Car prep begins...

Looking great Steve. Not long now until you point the yellow-peril towards Anglesey :sunglasses:

Thanks, fuel, I need fuel (so do you BTW).

Thanks, fellas for the thumbs-up. Looking forward to it as always. More driving, less chatting this year. I said that last year , too

Looks amazing Steve.

Faster through Church on Friday :wink:

Always fast through Church on Good Friday. I have a track day to attend. God bless you, my son+

Amen :laughing:

That looks ace Steve :sunglasses: Certainly money well spent instead of buying new kitchen cabinets :wink: :laughing:

Or RS4 Avants ( at least according to Mrs T) :confused:

It was interesting to see how the work I’ve had done to my car affected how it feels to drive. Firstly the new Avon ZZR’s have bags more grip which goes without saying.
The PF brake pads give mighty stopping power but need a lap to warm up.
Now the geeky handling bit…the car has bags more camber and different Ohlins valving. It’s definitely more lively at the rear. It feels like the set up is allowing the lsd to hook up to get the car rotating mid corner and the front tyres holding their line. I had a play with the traction control and turning it down meant the electronics weren’t cutting in before the diff did its thing.

Comparing my lap times on video from last years event my car is 2 seconds a lap quicker but more importantly it felt much more fun to drive :slight_smile:

Watching you go around (very well btw) got me thinking about the rear wing. Did you ever use your car on track without the full cage, & how much effect do you feel the wing has given that it must get a lot of ‘disturbed’ air coming off the cage, compared to the standard set up?

My car was completely standard when I got it. To be honest I couldn’t notice any difference with the full cage / big wing / standard wing. I don’t think I’m that good a driver to notice such subtle things. i could raise the rear wing up into the airflow if I got some extended pylons made up but for the hassle of it I can’t really be bothered.

I think at Anglesey it would only be toward the end of the long straight before braking for Radar the effect (if any) could be felt? Cheers.

The 2-11 really starts to hit the aerodynamic wall at 100 mph-ish +. I bet a proper wing on a V6 Exige would be nice and noticeable on a good fast curve.