2013 Eliseparts Time Attack S1 Exige

Just to let you guys know that I’ve just got a Facebook page going for my S1 Exige which is now being run under the name ‘EP Tuning Time Attack Team’. For those of you who go on facebook, we would really appreciate your ‘Likes’.

This year we have made it our mission to build pretty much the fastest track Exige ever made and to become the outright UK Time Attack Pro Class champions, with Scuffers doing the pedaling (I’m having a year off from the driving part).

We’ve got some interesting aero updates sorted now which we will soon be testing in the full scale Mira wind tunnel. We also have some really nice chassis developments going on and have also started on a rather exciting engine setup.

The first round is at Cadwell Park on Easter Monday, so we haven’t got long!!! Anyway, I’ll try and keep you posted as much as I can.

Cheers, Jamie

Brilliant…Liked!

dont do facebook much these days but I still like it :slight_smile:

Ditto

liked as well :wink:

Good luck matey.

But if you dont mind me asking, surely you dont get the same level of enjoyment from watching someone else rag the arse off your pride and joy??

Vouyerism is apparently quite enjoyable! :smiley:

Sean, I do a year in, year out so that my wallet has a chance to recover etc!!! So instead of my car just sitting in the workshop for a year, I asked Scuffers and Geary if they fancied using it and developing it further to showcase their parts.

I will still be driving it on all our test days etc and going to all the events, ready to compete agin in 2014, so it’s not as if I’m not getting any enjoyment out of it. And sometimes I do really enjoy seeing it being taken to the limit, because I’m not quite able to do that…yet.

Fair play matey, sounds like a plan!!

Well, a hell of alot has been going on with the build recently, but there is still lots more to do in very little time. We now have all of the individual parts and it’s just a case of linking them all together!!!

The extra cooling parts have been made by ProAlloy and most of them fitted. Just final pipework to do next week now.

Slicks/wets have been picked up and fitted.

New 4-way dampers will be finished next week.

The new exhaust system has just been finished today.

Engine is being built as we speak.

Wind tunnel aero testing is on Monday.

Mapping is booked in for the end of the following week and we have a LOT trackday booked at Cadwell for the 30th March, 2 days before our first event. It’s going to be a busy few weeks!!!

I’ll upload a few pics when I get a minute.

It’s going to be absolutely mega! :sunglasses:

Turbo installation finished and a nice additional chargecooler bolted in place.
P1010840 (300x225).jpg
IMAG0542 (300x169).jpg

Jamie it really is cool, can we see so more aero pictures please mate… :sunglasses:

After we’ve put the car back together tomorrow for wind tunnel testing I’ll get some proper pictures.

Well done Jamie and team EP. This is really gonna be something exceptionally special!

Well, we had a very busy time yesterday putting the car back together so that we could do some testing in the full scale Mira windtunnel. After a late night with 4 of us working on the car we managed to get it ready.

This morning we went for our session of testing with renowned aerodynamicist Simon McBeath and had a very interesting day. I’m not allowed to say too much right now because the car/data from the day will be used in a few features of Race Car Engineering magazine in a few months time, however the main aim of the session was to get a good front-to-rear aero balance. Although we were able to create hefty amounts of total downforce, the balance was too rearward and we had to reduce the total df to get a better overall balance. However, with a couple of easy tweeks now planned, we should see this increase again and still leave perfect balance.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the car after we’d finished putting it back together.

Jamie! Looks mega mate! Well done to you all! :clap:

Just some luddite questions/observations…

a: Is that front ‘cow catcher’ wing really legal? !! (and can you get at the front tow point easily!)

b: I am sure you will achieve aero balance with that front wing, but wont it move the balanced aero DF polar moment of inertia too far ahead of that generated by mechanical grip? I can visualise the car being very grippy as a result but perhaps then suddenly becoming unstable at the limit/past the mechanical grip limit…

c: The exhaust is pointing down to the top of the rear splitter. Is this to generate turbulent flow and lower static pressure there? The last thing you want is an increase in that due to the high exhaust gas velocity!

Very excited for you!! Cool :sunglasses:

Gobsmacked!

Pete, we’re not sure exactly what will happen on track yet, but the seat of the pants dyno will tell us all we need to know.

Yes, the front wing is legal. This is the UK Time Attack series. Anything goes! !!! Tow hook is still accessable too.

The exhaust angle was a mistake and is being sorted tomorrow. It will exit at the same angle as the diffuser with a bolt on angled bit to use if we need it. Unfortunately 700 bhp ish is going to create a hell of a racket if we’re not careful!!!

Mate I’m sure the other teams saw your pace last season, are watching your Facebook page of the further evolution of the car and are like : errrrr Houston we’ve got a problem :wink:

You gotta try and get sponsored by Ray Ban Aviators though :smiley: