2010 spoiler or not

Got a chance of a 2010 rear spoiler, I really like the look of them, but the procedure for fitting is a bit permanent. wonder if it will make the car too odd have an early front and a late rear? Opinions?

No - for the reason you allude to. I think the curvaceousness of the original spoiler and front are perfectly complimentary.

Adrian L

I think it’s a bit risky :frowning:

Personally if I were going for a different S2 wing, I’d do what Will (evo_ufo) did and fit a full motorsport wing. Looks much better than standard…

NOOOO, Dont like them myself :wink:

Gav

If YOU like it, the DO IT!!! :sunglasses:

I have been mulling putting a late Elise SC spoiler on my S2 Elise… think it looks PDG! :wink:

I’m going to mull over it for a few days, the price is really good, the large carbon wings like JF and Will have are good but also very expensive, I would get one if they fitted the normal bolt on section in the boot lid and they were a bit cheaper. Ho hum time to consider…

Yeah man do it, I like the 2010MY front and rear.

It wont be long before 2010MY fronts become available and hey presto you have the latest look.

[quote=SeanB]Yeah man do it,

It wont be long before Next and Debenhame spring handbag collections become available and hey presto you have the latest look. [/quote]

Put that right for you :wink:

Tart :smiley:

Just not sure… Damn it I hate choices :frowning:

I hate choices in restraunts sometimes.

I like everything and it takes me ages to pick what i want.

But on the spoilers, 2010 is the way forward.

I will leave the handbags to you early out of date S2 boys!! :wink:

how good a price? they were talking about it on lotustalk recently and the price was a lot cheaper from lotus than they were expecting!

I think Booth said they were about �150. Very tempting considering how the original one wags about like a puppies tail, no idea how it transfers any down force!

I’d fit it only together with a new facelifted front.

After having owned a 2006 Exige S and now a 2010 model I can say hand on heart that the newer car feels more planted at speed. I’m reliably informed that it’s the new wing and front spoiler arrangement making a real difference to the downforce and overall more effective than they are on the older cars.

As for what looks better i (of course!) prefer the updated 2010 front and rear, it makes the tiny little le mans lookalike a bit bigger and more in your face. I have to say though that the revisions look a lot better in the flesh than in pics.

sounds about right from this

Here’s my 2010…I’ve changed the rear spoiler blade for a carbon one and also the small inserts in the front spoiler too.

:sunglasses: tasty mota

last time I checked there was a hell of a wobble on the 2010 wing!

Ok how much was the carbon centre section and is it stiffer?

I never found a wobble on the grp original altho I never gave it any real stick (like trying too hard to bend it - cars too new!)

I had the carbon one made by a mate who works for a small output sports car manufacturer in germany…cant say which firm - he’ll get the boot!