2006 Exige S

I’ve had a slight gremlin recently which I don’t think I recorded yet in the thread. Mainly because it was very infrequent and would only raise its head every few weeks (or even months) so didn’t spend much time thinking about it, but the car seems to have an issue where periodically the engine will stall when cruising to a stop either in neutral or in gear with the clutch depressed. It seems to happen more often when the car is (very) warm and it seems to be ramping up in frequency over the last few weeks but that could be a fluke.

There’s loads of info about this problem from the mid-00’s with people going in for warranty claims for this and from what I can gather it was resolved by a reflash to later code on the ECU. Some months ago there was a slight suspicion that my car may have a 255 map on it (based on ambiguous part numbers and a throttle % opening readout from ODBII) and further reading suggests that the 255 map also had some gremlins with stalling at low speeds (which dealers subsequently resolved by sticking the 260 map on…)

Mechanically I guess an air leak could cause this, there is a Lotus TSB floating around suggesting pinched o-rings on the SC outlet adaptor (swan neck thing) could leak air but I’d expect CEL’s and running issues if that was the case. Car pulls like a train so that seems unlikely, but I’ll get some soapy water sprayed around to see what I can see.

I’ll not invest too much time into this as I’m fairly certain I’ll be going in for an EMU install soon - just finalising plans/details but it’s worth logging just for the sake of continuity in the thread.