£16k exige

http://www.911virgin.com/stock.htm

45k miles… But if looked after then could be good! I guess lots of stuff would be starting to wear by then and the engine may be somewhat “loose”

But did like:

This bloke walks into a public toilet where he finds two cubicles, one of which is already occupied. So he enters the vacant stall, closes the door, drops his trousers and sits down. A voice then comes from the cubicle next to him “Hello mate, hows it going?" Thinking this a bit strange but not wanting to be rude the chap replies "Yeh, not too bad thanks" After a short pause, he hears the voice again "So, what are you up to then mate? Again, answering reluctantly, and unsure what to say, he replies "Amm, just having a quick poo. How about yourself?" He then hears the voice for the 3rd time..... "Listen mate Im sorry, I’ll have to call you back, I’ve got some madman in the next cubicle answering all my questions”

Nicely run in then - ready for the next 45k

Ready for a flipping Honda or Audi!

Seems like the perfect platform.

Ian

Can’t see a problem with 45k as long as it’s had a sensible life!
Somebody is going to get a bargain!

bargain

Can’t see a problem with 45k as long as it’s had a sensible life!
Somebody is going to get a bargain!

I wonder if hes open too offers

anyone know of an email addy i can get hold of these guys on? its rather an expensive call for me…

thanks

I am the guy who has just brought that �16K Exige and it seems brilliant. Just the tinyest puff of black smoke on start up everything else tight and as it should be. Good disks, pads, correct tyres etc. One question how can I tell the state of tune? It has an oval tailpipe and carbon airbox, lots of big trunking on the induction side. Is there any way of easily identifying whether it is 177 or 190HP?

Probably the original dealer will have a record, or you could have a look at the cam pulley, which has three lobes, but that involves taking out the wheel arch liner, I think…

Doesn’t the lotus 190 kit have a slightly higher RPM limit as well? Not that it’s easy to notice anything above 7.5k LOL!

Sounds good and proof that 43k out of a VHPD is possible if looked after (doesn’t bode well for mine )…

But black smoke? That’s excess petrol being burned isn’t it? (white being oil / water)… I heard about a someone’s K that did this, can’t remember why but if they let it idle for a minute or so at the end of a journey then it didn’t do it any more…

But then it could just be fuel from starting up… Do you give it any throttle to start? It shouldn’t need it,

But it all sounds good

Mark - you are quite correct - the standard rev limit is 7000, whereas the VHPD will safely go to 8000, so if you take it out and get it warm, PP, and then rev it gently in second, watching the revs, you should know pretty soon…

The converted cars also ran a cooler thermostat BTW

I hope 43k is possible with a VHPD cos that is what mine has done to date - and the engine is as sweet as a nut.
Uses hardly any oil. I’m looking forward to the next 43k!!!
Mine is a standard 177 and it revs past 7000rpm.
Carbon air box used to be part of Lotus 190 upgrade as did the super sport exhaust. Other than that dealer could tell you if its been upgraded when he plugs in lap top.

I think the standard car revs to 7800 - mine seems to go up to 8000 so I dont think that it is a good test. If it runs about 82c then it has probably been done - around 89c then it probably hasn’t. The dealer should stamp the service book if it has been done???

Carbon airbox and oval (sports) exhaust are extras and doesn’t mean it has been uprated. Best bet is to visit a Lotus dealer and they should be able to check with the factory to see if the ECU has been upgraded.

I think the standard car revs to 7800 - mine seems to go up to 8000 so I dont think that it is a good test. If it runs about 82c then it has probably been done - around 89c then it probably hasn’t. The dealer should stamp the service book if it has been done???

Carbon airbox and oval (sports) exhaust are extras and doesn’t mean it has been uprated. Best bet is to visit a Lotus dealer and they should be able to check with the factory to see if the ECU has been upgraded.

almost spot on Godspeed except that mines standard and runs at 82C. Rev limit is not a good test because only 200rpm difference is difficult to tell. Best bet is to look at the cam pulley… if you can’t find out by asking lotus.

Godspeed
On an original car converted at new by Lotus the carbon air box and exhaust were part and parcel of the 190 conversion.
Of course you can buy these bits independant of the upgrade.
As you can the verniers and the 82deg stat. You can even put an emerald ECU in and rate the car at 177!!
Nothing just looking at the car is going to be 100% that it’s been upgraded but they can be pointers.
My car is a standard 177 car and is supposed to have the 87deg stat but in fact runs generally at 82deg.

true about the verniers Tone, but if its a Lotus 190, they don’t fit verniers but change the pully to one with an extra mark on it… i’d bet if that’s on there then it’d be a 190… but i agree very difficult to be sure… even a RR session wouldn’t tell you if its been done because a well set-up standard car will make as much power as a poorly set-up 190 upgrade…

All true Rox (and a poorly set up 177…???)
Mine runs at 82 on a 177 too!
T

no better than a good 160 sport…

Well that chucks quite a few spanners in the works then . If it helps my standard 177 car came with a sports exhaust, carbon box, runs at 89c - I think that Lotus keep a record of all the ECU’s that had been reflashed to 190 so best speak to your local dealer and try and get them to find out if it has been done or look at the pulley…