0-100mph time for the Exige S

Autocar have tested various cars, including the Exige S

Now, Lotus claim 9.87 seconds to 100 (Stop laughing at the back you guys…)

Autocar couldn’t better 11.8s

Porsche Cayman registered 11.78s
Bugatti Veyron registered 5.5s

But I’ll bet it is still 2 seconds faster round Hethel than any other previous lotus. (as the all are)

Tipping the scales at near a ton, that is not surprising.

Now, Lotus claim 9.87 seconds to 100 (Stop laughing at the back you guys…)

I wonder if they do the figures on a hill?

Ian

Nearly 2 seconds slower than claimed - that is a massive difference. I thought Lotus had usually been very honest with their performance claims in the past, so rather surprising. Still a very quick car by most standards, as is the bog standard Exige come to that, and I would expect both to leave the Cayman for dead on a twisty track.

Mark

I thought Lotus had usually been very honest with their performance claims in the past…

I didn’t!

…I would expect both to leave the Cayman for dead on a twisty track.

On a twisty track it’d easily dump the Veyron too!

Ian

Now, Lotus claim 9.87 seconds to 100

Err…hate to disagree with you there, but where did you hear that, on their website they claim 11.1secs (I even attached photographic proof )

[image]http://campbellbaker.homeip.net/stuff/photos/tut1000.jpg[/image]

Which makes Autocars verdict seem fairly reasonable.

David

Bugatti Veyron registered 5.5s [/quote]

�8K bike will match that

But its a bike???

Bugatti Veyron registered 5.5s

But even that doesn’t match the Ultima with 0-60 in 2.6, 0-100 in 5.3 and 0-100-0 in 9.4. All without traction control or ABS.

Or clean pants!

But its a bike???

And ???

It would be destroyed by the Exige on the same twisty track.

They must have changed it… initially they claimed “Under 10 seconds” and then this 9.xx appeared out of nowhere.

All the cars with a faster time than the Exige were quite a bit more expensive. With the power to weight ratio that the Exige has, 0-100 in about 12 seconds sounds reasonable. For it to achieve less than 10 seconds it would have to be much lighter - say 600/700 kilos IMHO.

Seems about right Chris, my calculations show that a 220bhp RWD car would need to weigh 696kg in order to give it a 0-100mph time of 9.99secs, it should also manage 0-60mph in 3.92secs .

The Exige S however, weighing in at 935kg would need 275bhp in order to crack 10secs to 100mph.

David

So David, How much would 10 litres of fuel slow the 0-60 and 0-100 times buy And does fuel way more than water??

But its a bike???

And ???

Are we not talking cars???

So David, How much would 10 litres of fuel slow the 0-60 and 0-100 times buy And does fuel way more than water??

Well, 10 litres of water should slow the 0-60 and 0-100 times of an S2 Exige by 0.04 and 0.13 seconds respectively, as for the difference between the mass of fuel and water, I haven�t a clue, I guess it would also vary with different fuels due to variations in the length of their hydrocarbons and inherent density, (see, they do teach us stuff at school ).

David

I guess it would also vary with different fuels due to variations in the length of their hydrocarbons and inherent density…

Jaycee’s the man to deal with that one

Well, 10 litres of water should slow the 0-60 and 0-100 times of an S2 Exige by 0.04 and 0.13 seconds respectively, as for the difference between the mass of fuel and water, I haven�t a clue, I guess it would also vary with different fuels due to variations in the length of their hydrocarbons and inherent density, (see, they do teach us stuff at school ).

David

Specific Gravity of Petrol is 0.74 :- 10 litres weighs 7.4 kilos. Hope that helps!