Snetterton 24 June
Cadwell Park 1 July
Cadwell Park 2 July
Brands Hatch 19 August
Oulton Park 16 September
Donington Park 7 October

Russ,

Will get the dates in my diary.

Looks like June and July are going to be busy, With Le Mans on the weekend of 17th - 18th June and the Classic Le Mans 7th - 9th July. Gona need some serious brownie points for that lot
Steve.

Blooming heck - surprised that this is sorted so quick!

Looks like June and July are going to be busy, With Le Mans on the weekend of 17th - 18th June and the Classic Le Mans 7th - 9th July. Gona need some serious brownie points for that lot
Steve.

Looks like Classic Le Mans only next year then!

I am way out of brownie points already, and will be going into 2006 with a huge deficit.

would think about giving up the brownies and join the scouts!!

would think about giving up the brownies and join the scouts!!

Do you drive an S2 by any chance?

No, but he will be getting a Honda powered S1 soon I imagine.

or a drive in a nice bright one he he
jus thought if brownie points were in defecit might be time for a “curency” change to scouts honour. clean slate etc !!

might be time for a “curency” change

Don’t worry, he’ll have all ya loose change…plus your gold tooth

PS Followed any trawlers recently?

Technical regs for 2006

http://www.midenginedsportscars.com/docs/YOKOHAMA_midenginedsportscars_Series_Tech_Regs.pdf

Registration docs:-

http://www.midenginedsportscars.com/docs/2005_Mid_Engined_Sports_Cars_Form.pdf

Just read the rules.

Hmmm… now just the fact of having an Emerald means you enter with all the big guys in the Motorsports class, where everything is basically free.
Even if the rest was standard.

I assume meant to bring in more entries (?)

Well, that just excluded me then.

I would also think the following excludes you mate:-

ENGINE

“…unmodified block, head, sump etc…”

But anybody could have porting and different cams. But Ok.
Block? Sump? standard so Ok.

It’s the ECU change that limits entries.
How many people that have an unmodified ECU will want to enter? That’s the first thing that gets changed (and does not give power on its own)

And also, see the rest of the specs for production class, free shocks, glass.

Ok, so the rules exclude me then, but I wonder how many more entries they’re getting this way, because there’s no way that somebody with a farly std car is going to be incentivated to race against modified cars like yours or Mike’s.
I mean, I wasn’t going to do the whole championship, but wanted to enter a couple of races.

Anyway, c’est la vie.

I suppose they have to take the view that they lose some for the reasons you cite or they lose some because people really want a totally “production” class. It is a hard call for the organisers - in fact I know Graham reads this so maybe he will comment.

I would have thought that with your natural talent, you will whup some of us “motorsport” muppets anyway.

Russ

How did you get the technical reg’s file to open? Mine says corrupt file that cannot be repaired! As with half the other files on the midengined series web site.
Is it something to do with my internet security settings or version of acrobat? Anybody any ideas?

Steve T

Try right click and “open in new window”

I had the same problem.

Also try saving them to your hard drive and then open.

Production looks quite intesting tbh, providng evryone plays by the rules that is. What sort of numbers were running in last years production class??

Im looking to do something myself next year out of the karts (currently race twice a month) and was thinking sprinting but with race fees of �120 - �180 then it could quite possibly be something to look a bit deeper into…

I would have thought that with your natural talent, you will whup some of us “motorsport” muppets anyway.

Always more fun going from the back to the front than from the front to the back