Yip Traced!

I believe that the infamous “yip” emanates from the rear springs!The lowermost coils of the springs are very close together, & when compressed (eg going over a bump, catseye etc)they will touch. This can be remedied (for a time!) by “swiping” a card smeared with grease between the coils.Strange but true [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image] [This message has been edited by Pesky (edited 09 March 2001).]

What with this and feeling for your oil cooler, I’m starting to worry that you’re starting a relationship with that car !Seriously though, great stuff . I’ll give it a go !

Im not sure that a metal on metal contact woul dmake such a noise…

I’m sure my noise is coming from the front.

My “yip” is coming from over my left shoulder (and no it’s not the sound of any chips !)

erm… my yip is coming from the passenger seat when I’m going trough a chicane too fast…

I also have the infamous Yip on my car and cannot believe that it is anything to do with the tyres rubbing etc. I also believe that it is coming from over your left shoulder and have a theory that it might be the window seperating the engine bay from the cabin. I am tempted to take the window out for a day to see if that solves the problem.I will keep you all updated!!

According to my friendly Lotus dealer it is the roof section rubbing against the rear clam.He reckoned it would be improved significantly on this particular car before I take delivery.cheers

how???