Yellow s240 exige

In the spirit of #longlivetheforum I thought I’d pitch up and do a ‘build thread’ :thumbup:

So the car was reasonably standard when I picked it up last year with the exception of a open air filter and the 240r forged wheels.

Since then I’ve just been enjoying the car, took it to a friends wedding in wales and added a couple of days to explore some cracking roads.

Fitted engine mount inserts to the rear mount as I hate how much these engine wobble.

Changed the gear oil for some redline MTF

Put a pioneer head unit with smart sync into the car.

Touched up a few bits of paintwork.

I’ve bought some Nitron NTR40’s with some custom valving from meteor motorsport leaning them slightly more towards road use than they would be from Nitron, presently getting the springs refurbished and then they will be going straight on with probably a 5-10mm drop in ride height.

With the hope of some trackdays and in particular a trip to SPA, it started playing on my mind that this car was still rocking oem toelinks and sump. I did a poll on Facebook to test how small a minority I was in to still be relying on these standard items and the results were clear.

Wind the clock forward 1 weeks and I am now the proud owner of these.

The spitfire toelinks looks absolutely devine and I can’t wait to get tinkering!

I’ve gone for the seriously lotus baffled sump, made by pro alloy, any recommendations on a liquid gasket to use when fitting?

That’s about it for now, I anticipate some new tyres will be needed in the not to distant future, r888r, a052 and ZZS are all in the mix for potential replacements atm….

Ask Dave seriouslylotus about the gasket and what a lovely motor :thumbup: :wave:

Cheers Paul

Suspension ready to go on at the weekend! Can’t wait…

Always like shiny new springs…

Look forward to the build thread….:+1:

Suspension on and first impressions are great! For road driving the nitrons deal with typical undulations far better than the standard billies.

Turn-in is also a lot more precise, exposing available grip on the nose far sooner than before!

What is a little annoying is I seem stuck with 130mm on the ride height on the front… anyone else found this? I’ve got 7” springs up front

Managed to get out last weekend and experiment a little more with dampener settings, and really pleased with how I can play with the balance.

Also spoke to Simon at meteor motorsport who was a cracking chap and extremely helpful. He re valved the NTR40’s on my car and also extended the other all length of the dampener to increase travel. He explained how it’s set up for 130F and 140R ride heights and said I need to decide if I want the car to look pretty or go fast….

Think I’ll add 5mm to the rear so there is some rake and then see how I feel about it…

In other news the sump from seriouslylotus is bolted on, I was a littler nervous at first as it wasn’t lining up with the block, but after a bit of wiggling and some very light encouragement with a rubber mallet it’s on and touch wood it’s sealed nicely too!

I love a yellow car! And reading about the things folk get up to with their motors. Keep it coming.

What a lovely car ! Do you know what is the exact colour code of this yellow / or colour name ?

Thanks chaps

Nicholas is solar yellow (b114)

Really nice !

1 Like

Toelinks also installed and some r888r’s going on ready for alignment on the 19th!

First sprint event 2 weeks after that so will try and dust the GoPro off and get some footage of a very rusty me trying my arm at some motorsport again!

Lots of fun had last weekend! My local car club were granted a permit for a expose road sprint event, for those of you less familiar with grass roots motorsport this is basically a hill climb on public roads!

I got my alignment sorted locally managed to squeeze a little more camber all round and ensure toe settings were good after fitting the spitfire kit. Also popped some new R888r’s on and we were ready to go!

The event was split over 2 days with 2 practise runs to begin with then formal runs, the results were made up of your lowest time from each day combined!

Lots of very cool cars made up the paddock which was 100 strong.

Beat bit was being local, there were lots of people taking photos!

I’ll upload some videos in a moment! The car was brilliant and provided a great space to set the nitrons up. I think I need some better brakes though, really felt there was more to give, found myself disconnecting the ABS on the second day too.

That looks awesome fun! Bravo!

It sure was!

7 April 2022 - YouTube

IOWCC Sandown speed trials #57 - YouTube

Brilliant! Some bloody big bales there . . .

What an awesome local event! May bring it up at the next parish meeting… not sure it’ll go down too well, but God loves a tryer :laughing:

Brighton and Hove MC’s “Bailey Sprint” today at goodwood, a reasonably civilised 6:10 ferry to portsmouth followed by a nice early morning plod to the circuit had me driving under the tunnel at 7:30!

It has been 4 years since being there and I massively underestimated how clueless I was going to be on my initial run! Fortunately confidence grew a little as the day went on.

Car was seamless, yes some stiffer springs would have been nice but the over all feel of the car was great! Brakes also surprisingly good after the initial 2 runs - I think they just needed a really good warm up.

Lots of Loti’ and kool cars there, some very fast drivers too, I think I came 37 out of 115ish. Some of the lotus speed championship guys were rapido!

My fastest and final run, I think there’s a good 2 seconds to be had with some fine tuning, possibly back in august to have another try.

https://youtu.be/c-7YG52AOa8

Full throttle all the way … !!

Nice video !