Yellow S1

Might be looking at a yellow S1 tomorrow, to start with it was the only colour i didnt want but the more i look at the pics i had emailed to me the more i like it.
Just wondered what everyone thoughts are on yellow Exiges

Oh and if anyone has a silver, blue, black etc Exige for sale drop me a PM

Car’s history MUCH more important than colour, cos they’re all brill In practice your choice will be limited by the overall availability of cars for sale - good luck.

So true its a hard job finding a good one, will have to see how things go tomorrow.
One other thing i looked at a car last week and it had an Elise cam cover on it but all the others i have seen have had Exige covers is the Exige cover an opiton, i know you can buy them from Lotus.

is the Exige cover an opiton, i know you can buy them from Lotus.

Yep - daft innit?

Is the yellow S1 a private sale or at a dealer? I was like you didn’t want a yellow Exige…but ended up with one a loved it colour and all.

ermmmm… yello is the best colour…

You have a Yellow one as well do you

Is the yellow S1 a private sale or at a dealer? I was like you didn’t want a yellow Exige…but ended up with one a loved it colour and all.

Its the one at Nick Whales anyone seen it or know of it (X33WEL)

Yep…I now that car because it was mine…when you said yellow I thought it would be mine.
Car is in great condition. There are a few stone chips on the front which you get with all of them. I would ask them to spray as part of the deal. I owned the car for a year and it was totally reliable and I used it everyday as it was my only car. It will need an ‘A’ service this month which Nick Whale should do for you.
I was the third owner and I bought it from Williams Lotus in Bristol. As it was my only car I only used it on the track once, but that is what the car is built for and untill you do this you really will not understand what the car can do…it was awsome.
The only work I had done on the car was a front wheel bearing and the rear one had gone when Nick Whale had the car off me…I was going to get it done but they said they would do it.
I looked for ages trying to find a good Exige and I don’t think you will be dissappointed.
Let me know how you get on and if you have any questions I will try and answer them.

Nice one Andy, & good luck Mad20v

Thanks Andy thats a big help.
Had the car been tracked much before you had it Andy ???

Mad,

you shouldn’t be too worried if the car was tracked. The person who tracks a car generally puts a lot more attention and effort on keeping the car in tip top shape.

That’s one of the many things I learned here.

Yellow…hmmmmmmmmmm…like donuts

Out of all of the colours, I would say yellow is the most striking, has the most road presence, makes other drives shift over. Yellow also endows you with elite driving skills…shame mines beige.

As far as I know the guy who had it before me didn’t track it…but then the dealer would tell you that…As above, I wouldn’t worry too much about the track as the car was built for track work, as long as it has a full service history, has been well looked after(it has, I washed it about 3 times a week) and warranty you should be OK.
Have you seen the car yet, what did you think?

Yellow…hmmmmmmmmmm…like donuts

Out of all of the colours, I would say yellow is the most striking, has the most road presence, makes other drives shift over. Yellow also endows you with elite driving skills…shame mines beige.

Defo the best colour… Apart from Orange of course.

What you moving onto Andy?, anything else in the pipeline.

Got a 135r Elise which planning to keep for about 6 months to a year, then looking at a Mark2 Exige or maybe the new circuit car.
Only doing four miles a day back and forward to work was not ideal for the Exige plus the wife would never go in it because of the noise and heat so it ended up being left in the garage all weekend unless I was out on a lotus run…I do miss the car as it was probably the best Lotus I’ve owned and I am on my 6th now, but the 135R is fantastic on the back roads with thoose sticky tyres and LSS…probably going to give the car a little more power. One thing I don’t miss is the lumpyness of the Exige first thing in the morning.
I will always remember that day when I took the Exige to Caslte Coombe and the huuuuuge grin I had after I finished…you don’t get that with just any car…who ever buys her please look after her and treat her right…Oh and she likes you to say goodnight before shutting the garage doors.

then looking at a Mark2 Exige or maybe the new circuit car. Tough decision to make in a few months then.