yellow Exige at Nick Whales

Alex - watch out there is a huge thumb just above you

I don’t know what to say, except the costs aren’t that much diffrent from an Elise (in my experience) and I had an S1 for 2 years and my Exige for 1 year now. Mine had 11k on the clock when I bought it and it hasn’t been any more / less reliable or expensive than my Elise to be honest although I have only done 7k this year in it.

You will be back, you know you will .

alex, you’re really missing out on an experience!

The Exige is the last true racecar for the road. Euro regs killed any chance of it happening again. Just one ‘fix’ on track of flying past a Ferrari and you’d both know it and be hooked!

So that’d be a �7k Ferrari killer - COME ON!

Ian

hi guys.pesky you mention there was 600 exiges built and only 275 in uk, can you tell from chasis numbers if a particular car was one of first or last built? and have lotus released the numbers built in differnt colours?

Rob

Build number = the last 3 digits of the chassis number (there should be a label with in one near the fuse box in the front compartment) eg mine is 409. Don’t know if Lotus have ever released numbers of cars per colour - never seen it quoted anywhere.

cheers pesky, just looked on v5 as exige is still in its carcoon,1,to keep winter muck off and 2,keeps milage down.last three numbers are 469.by the way the croft aint pos for me as am on nights before the date.

Part of the chassis number is a sequential counter from 001 to 600+. The 001 cars were built in 2000, my car is 218 and I collected it in September 2000, and if my memory is correct I saw car 610 on the line in August 2001.

On the same theme as Steve’s comment, I chose to collect my car from the dealer on the first working day of January 2001, even though they took delivery of it mid December. Not sure when it was actually built, but the alarm certificate is dated 9th November 2000.At the time I placed the order (early Dec 2000) there were about 100 Exiges stockpiled at the factory.

hi steve my car was reg on 7sept 2001.unfortunatly i decided to buy when only a few remained unregistered so i didnt get the reduced price(think lotus were struggling to sell so they were offering them at something like 28k).

Rob

IIRC, around about mid 2000 the price across the board was reduced by �3K, ie basic price was �29995. However, once “extras” such as alarm, leather seats, radio fixing kit, delivery/plates/road tax were added the figure was more like �32K. Metallic paint was a further �695, aircon �1475, & sports seats/harnesses were a further �500 on top of leather seats (which were �595 over the basic cloth ones anyway!).

Although not exactly cheap to buy, the cost per smile has been bugger all

Cant remember all the details but the price went down on mine after I placed the order but before I paid for it - it was a very pleasant surprise to be handed @�2k back…although it went straight back into the car (and Lotus) with the 190 upgrade!

that must mean that the nick whale car with metallic paint, 190 upgrade, UCR box with short-shift kit, air-con, cd-player, leather, harnesses etc etc… must have cost close on to �40k retail… eeek!

just looked at my invoice, total was �35,482.00.air con,sports seats,harness,radio fit kit,carban air box,s/s zorst,190 upgrade.

well unfortunately, it’s the end of the road for this little project… logic has got in the way and my dreams will have to wait (at least until this year’s end of year bonus!)… the elise will stay and perhaps be joined by camper van for summer adventures… i suppose i shouldn’t really be too upset seeing as we also have a tuned westfield and sorted mx5 in the household…

many thanks for all the advice guys, i will be back!!!

Alex, you should have brought my high mileage car, I am only in Ringwood ! Silver one on Ebay looks OK, buying privately on an Exige should be OK as everyone looks after them. Good luck with the search, missing my blue car now !

shouldn’t really be too upset seeing as we also have a tuned westfield and sorted mx5 in the household…

Come back, don’t go!

SELL THEM AND BY THE EXIGE!!!

Ian

ps. No really!