Would you protect your front with film?

My V6 Coupe is on order and I’m debating whether to fit a paint protection film to the front or not.
I’ve had it on previous cars but it’s a bugger to clean of things like tyre rubber and always looks a slightly different colour.
I’ve gone for Military Grey which really catches the light so I think it will be more visible on this colour than others.

Just wondering whether existing owners without the film regretted not getting it and vice versa?

Also, can this be done by the factory?

I had it fitted by the dealer on my LF1, didn’t have it fitted on my old Exige and when I traded it in it had a lot of stone chips on the front.

Had it put on my MS Green car and you have to look very very hard to spot where it ends. There may be some colours where it’s more obvious. Personally I’d not be without it and yes you can have it fitted at the factory. No idea of price though (the dealer charged something like £500 for a full front end kit)

I have never bothered with protective film, other than that fitted as standard to the car. I’ve not had issues with stone chips either. Maybe I’m just lucky :nerd:

Don’t go past a Skyline at Brunters at approx 130mph, film or not your front clam, foglights and windscreen will be fooked…

Airfields have a bad reputation for car damage, I’d never do a track day at one.

I did have mine fitted as part of the deal when I bought the car, otherwise wouldn’t have paid to have it fitted afterwards as it is expensive for what it is.

Yes, I’m looking at around £400 but i’m still 50/50. It’s not the price, it’s the visibility, cleaning etc. Paint is so much easier to clean/shine than film.

I think you have answered your own question Tony, don’t bother with it.

I used to use Autoglym tar remover and lightly a magic sponge. If no magic sponge maybe a one firm wipe backwards and forwards with a normal cloth. YES it was that easy to remove tyre rubber off my Venture Shield. Wipe with a damp cloth afterwards and sorted. Personally I think it’s a no brainer, a clue to where the stones will hit is in the…easy to remove tyre rubber surely…

Had mine fitted from new, would not be without it, there are small areas that are not covered by film and they have next to no paint on them!

Yes, I’m really in two minds about it.
As I said I’ve had it on previous cars but I’ve no idea if it made things better. It’s not like I’ll be doing huge mileage and I’ll avoid airfields and a don’t tailgate.
Still wondering if getting the car detailed/polished on delivery is a good idea.

I have it on my yellow Roadster. You barely notice it and certainly no problems with cleaning it. I’m pleased it’s there and it reduces my paranoia when driving around!

Amour fend has been great on mine!

Have decided to get Xpel fitted to the complete front clam, will also detail the car first to remove any imperfections.

Thought I’d add to this. I was in the Pyrenees a few weeks back and got stuck behind a cattle truck for a while. It was impossible to avoid crossing the constant stream of sh*t coming out of the back. This ended up on the driver’s side sill and the part behind the air intake. It was a few days before I had chance to clean the car and it has etched the venture shield and now won’t come out (any suggestions welcome). I’ve been thinking that it would probably have damaged the paint and it will be cheaper to replace the damaged film every couple of years than to respray.