Wont Start !!

I am having problems starting after the car has been left for a long spell in the garage.Initially the battery was dead and so tried jump starting but with no success, just heard a clicking noise from what must be the solenoid. So then I put a battery charger on it. The battery is now fully charged but now when I try to start all I can hear is the fuel pump pressurising the system and nothing else. The engine won’t turn over at all.Does anyone have any ideas?

Long shots Starter motor stuck? - put car in 2nd gear, make sure ignition is OFF - Gently rock car too and fro to free off Have you checked battery terminals for corrosion? maybe not enough power to turn starter. Bridge solenoid? If battery been flat for some time - would take it to factors to have the once over - may be duff now. Have you tried another battery?

immobiliser has not switched off, this stops the cranking but not the fuel pump, you should hear a click behind the drivers seat (when all the other noises have stopped and you depress the button on the key) then the immobiliser switches off.

Have tried rocking the car in 2nd gear but with no joy. I am also not hearing the click behind the drivers seat when the key is pressed after all the other noises have finished.Have also checked the battery terminals and they are ok

I had exactly the same thing when i put my car back together first time round, i undid the rear plastic cover and reached up behind it and then tapped the immobiliser box a few times, hey presto it worked !!

Disconnect the negative post off the batteryfor a couple of secs refit, ignition on, press alarm ! sorted ! [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/tongue.gif[/image]

“S111AGY1: Disconnect the negative post off the batteryfor a couple of secs refit, ignition on, press alarm ! sorted !” Hoorah! it works!Thanks to all for the advise.Who would have thought that it was something as simple as removing a battery lead and reconecting it!I had just got my big lump hammer out of the tool box as well as i had read something on one site about whacking the starter motor with it. (Probably wasn’t a good idea but i was starting to get quite desperate!)

One worth to remember !! as mine did the the same thing quite a few times i suspect the relay may have stuck in my box, i wonder if it will do the same thing when i rebuild it this time !!