Wiring diagram for the horn

Hey guys

Got a s2 exige but horn isnt working ive checked fuses and relay and any lose wires still not getting a voltage. Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the horn circuit please

Thanks in advance

Ha ha funny.

Might be worth a PM to JDS on here. Had a similar thing years ago and he sorted it for me.

661 …
Careful , that’s a banning offence :slight_smile:

No voltage at the horn - when pressing the horn button?
If F10 (7.5A) is already replaced the next step would be to check the button and horn relay.

I THINK you should find that the horn button completes the circuit by making the connection to earth. That means that one of the wires on the horn button should always be live and it is shorted by the button to earth.

At least, that’s how it works on an S1.

Keith

Same on an S2

Yes i found that out by looking at the wiring diagram im gona have a look at weekend thank you and for your comments and makes sure im not going mad

Also where is the horn relay. Ive had a look inside but cant see where the little thing is hiding lol. Any ideas? Thanks

Item #25

Which means…lie on your back with your head in the foot well and there it is…or get a big mirror, put it in the floor over the foot well divider and find it from the comfort of the passenger seat.

Haha thank you i was looking in that area. Gotta wait til the weekend and give it another shot. laying in that position is wuite funny for a 6ft 4 guy haha

Thanks guys all done wired up now i have replaced the orginal with a two tone train horn :slight_smile:

Resurrecting this thread rather than a new one. How do you get steering wheel fascia off? Horn packed in so need to start somewhere. Standard Lotus wheel no airbag. Cheers

If you mean the padded bit with the horn push. I think it just pulls off. You have to pull pretty hard and be careful not to crease it. It’s many years since I did mine.

Cheers I’ll have a go and be careful. Worst case I have to buy a Momo replacement :thumbup:

Note to Self: when attempting to use horn press on image of horn hard. At least that was an easy fix

The contacts can get tarnished over time, which doesn’t help matters. Give them a wipe with solvent-type electronic cleaner.