Winter tyres

I think I’m right in saying the 39’s were the factory fit on the S1’s

Correct - but the tyre, or at least the tread pattern, has further history - it was an original Yokohama wet weather racing tyre.

So which are the best Winter Tyres for the S2?

T1-R’s, are you not listeneing?

T1-R’s, are you not listeneing?

Lotus actually recommend Pirelli Snowsport 210 on the front in 195/50/16 and Snowsport 240 in 215/45/17 on the rear. These will far outperform any conventional summer tyre in the greasy sh1tty winter conditions. They are softer than normal compounds and they have many many fine sipes cut into them, when you run your hand over the tread you can feel them really scraping, its these fine edges which make all the difference.

I know two all year round elise drivers (both racers in the 750MC kit cars - one a regular winner too). They used winter tyres like the above for the first time this year and were both pleasantly surprised. I also used Conti Wintercontact TS810 on my wifes Golf V. They’re great, you can just totally take the p1ss out of all the monkies in SUVs who think that 4WD is the answer. Chalk and cheese.

Will these fit?

Have found some mobile company that will come and fit Toyo T1-R’s at my house for �360 all in.

Bargin.

I’ve not tried anything else but honestly the A048’s are really ok all year round, had the car for 2 years with no scary moments so far!
Seen you a few times now on M8 you can really see that yellow paint from miles off, but it does look good, hellish to keep clean (had a yelow fiat coup previously).