Winter Project - Europa TC

When one mid engined, plastic, yellow Lotus isn’t enough… and you accidentally buy another :flushed::joy:

Always wanted a Lotus with a classic twin cam on carbs etc. Wasn’t a planned purchase, but excited about it. No plan as yet, but min will be refresh / reinstate to be useable. Max full tear down resto.

Will see when I get a bit of a handle on it…

When I was a small boy that was my dream car, one used to park nearby in JPS colours, coming from a not too rich part of Norfolk it was a novelty.

Is a Spyder chassis still the starting point, maybe they all have them but now.

That looks awesome.

Belter!

Looking forward to this :slight_smile:

Saw that for sale at Bridge James - all the very best - my favourite Lotus :smiley: ’ had 5 of them over the years inc 2 JPS 5 speeds. Rebuilt my last one 5 years ago from a pile of bits. Thought about it myself :thumbup:

Wow - thanks Simon, I think if ok I may be leaning on you for some advice with all that experience if ok? I’ve always wanted one, but ridiculously never even sat in one before though so pretty naive to it. Arrives on Thursday so will get a sense of what’s what. :+1:

And thanks everyone for encouragement. It’s been in one family since new, was parked up due to a gearbox failure and been stored ever since, that was ‘84. It’s fundamentally original and untouched which was part of the interest for me.

All parts are available so have fingers crossed for what I’ll find…:+1:

Really thrilled for you James - brilliant cars are Europas - let me know if you need any 2nd opinion and I would be more than pleased to give my tu’penth!! - still got some Europa bits in the garage I think :grin:

Thanks Simon. You’ll be more than welcome to come and have a look etc once here. :+1:

Welcome any input and advice sir :grin:

:+1:be pleased to! Be sure to put the diff in the correct way round or you will end up with 4 reverse gears :smile:

Brilliant purchase. So envious. I look forward to hearing the full story as it unfolds.

awesome!

if there is anything i could help with i would gladly help, fabrication etc. :slight_smile:

That’s amazing thank you. Will welcome any input. Going to make it an Exige’s community project :joy::+1:

Don’t… can you imagine . I bet that’s happened on a few occasions :joy:

Thanks Thommo. I hope the winter refresh is coming along mate. I did laugh that the car is on a colour coded ramp at Phoenix :+1:

That looks like a lovely Europa :thumbup:. The Lotus Yellow suits the car very well and is not often seen on the later cars.

That’s almost the best news about your new Europa project. So many Europas have been heavily modified or ‘improved’ by their owners.

I’m also a big fan of the Lotus Europa and bought my second one some years ago. You may have a look at this thread here:

Klaus

I owned and restored a Europa TC from 1987 - 97. Great car and to date the longest I have ever owned one car. I kept it standard except for a 5 speed conversion.