Wing end plate help

If anyone is running one of the Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 type rear wings and end plates please can you help?..

I have one of these wings from the manufacturer DJ Racecars however they couldn’t supply the correct shape end plates that Lotus use. Instead I have a pair of massive carbon end plates that only just clear the bodywork they’re so big.

I was wondering if someone with the genuine Lotus end plates could draw a template of one their plates wit the hole pattern etc so I can cut my big end plates down to the correct shape?

A piece of card nearly cut to shape with the holes marked out would do the trick.

I’ll happily pay for anyone’s time & postage with money / beer :slight_smile:
image.jpeg

From an aerodynamic point of view, the larger the end plate, the better/more efficient.

Just cut off what you think is good enough or looks the best and run with that…just keep it larger than the one Lotus uses and you’ll be good.

Yes I could mark it up myself and cut it but I just wanted it to look as per Lotus intended. My current large plates have curved edges all round and no angle adjustment so it would be miles easier to copy the standard plates. I guarantee I wouldn’t notice any performance difference in keeping the plates longer underneath the wing…I’m not that talented.

Only problem with that Adam is the holes on the oem end plates were never that good to start with. They only really lined up in one position without them looking on the piss, it’s the slotted adjuster hole that’s the problem, it’s in the wrong place at the wrong angle…

I can send you a template of the overall shape with the fixed hole, but you’d be much better off marking off the slotted adjuster hole yourself after cutting it out and offering up it on the wing and then rotating though its desired angle(s).

easiest way to mark it on the back would be to get a black marker pen and pull the tip out of it, then stick that in the hole on the wing with just a mm or two sticking out (you may need to slice it down if its too big). Offer the endplate up with a bolt in the fixed hole and it will mark the back of the wing end plate where you need to drill out and file the slotted one.

I think these are the end plates that lotus supply now which have replaced the earlier square shaped ones. I notice both bolt holes have adjustment slots instead of just the one slot in the older design.

I’d guess these would bolt up and adjust as intended?

Gav, I’ll call you in a bit mate.
image.jpeg