Who nicked my aeriel ?

Where is the radio aeriel in an S2 ?
I know you will mock, but does everyone get interference in AM when you hit the brakes ?

It’s underneath the front clam.

I get interfernce all the time. The radio’s pathetic and the CD skips all the time… (Blaupunkt Woodstock), and DAB is worse than FM?

A decent amplified FM/DAB aerial is �100, an ipod interface is �50?

Where is the radio aeriel in an S2 ?
I know you will mock, but does everyone get interference in AM when you hit the brakes ?

Yes, I was so impressed (compared to the Elise) until I hit the brakes. I heard somebody say it is the LED brakelights on 06 cars onward but I also wondered whether there was anything in ABS circuits that would cause interference.

How bad is your interference?

I upgraded to LED lights, and they completely knackered AM reception until I added the extra jump harness leads to suppress the interference. I think there’s still a little bit of noise, but at least you can just about use the radio for listening to a footy match or whatever. Surely you’d never use AM radio for listening to music anyway?

They’re only a few quid, and your local dealer should be able to sort you out.

Oh, and to answer the original question, the aeriel runs under the front clam, down the central spar over the radiator.

Brendan, what is a jump harness lead, and where in the circuit does it go, cos I’m sure the dealer wont have a clue.
Oh, and yes I do sometimes listen to AM, I feel the noise of the car drowns out any subtleties in music whatever band.

If you look at Bell and Colvill’s website here CLICKY

I think it’s the inductor jump harness you need, around 6th item up from the bottom of the page. You need two, and they fit between the car’s loom and the LED lamp units.

Or it just might be the resistor jump harness which is the next item up on that page. I don’t think so, but don’t rely on me to get this right

Check your wiring first and see if you’ve already got them fitted.

Nick Whale’s sorted me out, so they obviously know what’s required.