Who has the 190 upgrade ?

From what I can read, the 190 upgrade consists of :Exchange 190bhp ECUInlet camshaft pulley 101’Breather kit1 ltr breather catch tank 13mm feedoil cooler kit340R blue silicone water hose kit82oC thermostatCatalyst replacement pipe[/LIST]For those who have the 190 upgrade, what’s your average running temperature ? Mine’s around 86oC… making me wonder if I have the right thermostat.Also… this catch tank… does it recirculate to the engine, or does it need emptying ?

Interesting…not sure whether Lotus have “changed” what is included int he kit recently…however, the breather kit, catch tank, 340R hoses and oil cooler kit are no longer part of it.I understand that the catch tank does not recirculate…indeed due to the nature of the nasties that it accumulates you definitely would not want it to…answer is that you have to clean it out yourself on a regular basis.

quote:Originally posted by stevegreen:Interesting…not sure whether Lotus have “changed” what is included int he kit recently…however, the breather kit, catch tank, 340R hoses and oil cooler kit are no longer part of it.I understand that the catch tank does not recirculate…indeed due to the nature of the nasties that it accumulates you definitely would not want it to…answer is that you have to clean it out yourself on a regular basis.Could the lack-of catch tank be due to the price of the upgrade going from �2,000 → �1,500 ?Also, HOW do you clean this catch tank out ? You’d think someone would say !

I’m trying to get to the bottom of what was/is included in the price of a 190 upgrade…the old and new kits are certainly different for the 340R.I seem to remember that David posted a price list back in Oct that stated the 190 upgrade was �977.48 (assume that was inc VAT and excluding fitting)David do you have the oil cooler (does the Exige have one as standard?)…I’m confused!Is the catch tank fitted in the front or back? I assume you just disconnect it, undo the retaining bracket and pour it out… residual contents could be dealt with by flushing with paraffin or similar.

quote:Originally posted by stevegreen:David do you have the oil cooler (does the Exige have one as standard?)…I’m confused!Is the catch tank fitted in the front or back? I assume you just disconnect it, undo the retaining bracket and pour it out… residual contents could be dealt with by flushing with paraffin or similar.I don’t know about oil cooler… I had an (friendly) argument with TurboTechnics who insisted that ALL Exiges had them… but I swore blind that it was an option (outside of the 190 upgrade)The catch tank is placed right next to the left air intake (as you face it from the rear)

Quote from the Lotus Service Notes / Exige page 19 para K “The engine cooling system is unchanged from standard, but all Exige models are factory fitted with oil coolers.”

Where do you get these service notes Ken ?You’re a fountain of knowledge !

You buy them from your Lotus dealer. Most people call them workshop manuals, Lotus calls them Service Notes. Big fat folder, costs @ �40 if I remember correctly.

The catch tank is not really necessary, but is recommended for track use. Mine contained a very small amount crud and water that I’m told is normal. Just unbolt it, empty it and put it back.

Lotus Field Engineer confirmed that all Exiges have an oil cooler…haven’t really looked that hard but where exactly is it?

David…I think if you are running that hot you might not have the lower temp thermostat…mine runs alot cooler than that with it fitted.

Steve, take a look in the radiator intake duct at the front of the car. Inside, you’ll see the carbon fibre crash structure. You should find two circular holes about 15cm in diameter cut into the bottom. These allow the air into a mysterious hidden compartment featuring magical pixies, and an oil cooler. Well mine does anyway. I think you’ll be able to see them through the hole on the right hand side of the car.

quote:Originally posted by stevegreen:David…I think if you are running that hot you might not have the lower temp thermostat…mine runs alot cooler than that with it fitted.Hmm, well I suspect it’s only a �5-10 component, so I’ll see if I can get TT to fit it when they rip my engine apart.

and only a few minutes to fit i think.On the subject of hoses…I was just looking at the pic of your engine david…those blue top hoses are the same as mine but are part of the breather kit…do you have other blue hoses as well?

quote:Originally posted by stevegreen:On the subject of hoses…I was just looking at the pic of your engine david…those blue top hoses are the same as mine but are part of the breather kit…do you have other blue hoses as well?I’d hate to walk into a gents at the same time as you Steve, you’re always comparing things !I THINK there are 2 different sets of pipes if you look closer, I think only one set (the smaller) go to the catch tank.