Who has one ?

Seems like there are many multi-Lotus owning peeps out there…How many of you also own an Exige/340R in addition to an Elise… or who p/x their Elise for one of the wilder models ?

I had a standard Elise for 18 months before trading it in for the Exige.If I start to miss the open top element next year, I can always get a cheap Elise Mk1. Probably be about 10k by then. Bargain.

quote:Originally posted by Hitch:I had a standard Elise for 18 months before trading it in for the Exige.If I start to miss the open top element next year, I can always get a cheap Elise Mk1. Probably be about 10k by then. Bargain.Actually Hitch, they have an open top option for the Exige, I think it is 3 thousand dollars though. But its still cheaper than getting another Elise, and insuring it. Just go to the Exige pics on this site and check it out.

I think it would only take an allen key and a bit of nerve to get the roof off. Just need something fabricating to secure the boot lid onto.

i have a 111s in titanium with red leather interior.

i have a question, for those of you who have an Exige or M250 in place of an Elise. WHY!?!? was the budget too tight to own both, or are you crazy? i’d hoard a beautiful car like that if i could.

I had an Elise for two and a half years, upgrading it along the way, then I swapped it for a Sport 190 which was fantastic. I would be keeping that car for a long time if I hadn’t killed it [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image] (sob… please don’t ask). I’ll be getting my Exige in three weeks, and I promise to take better care of this one.

quote:Originally posted by Brendan:I’ll be getting my Exige in three weeks, and I promise to take better care of this one.What colour/spec ?AirCon ?

quote:Originally posted by Admin5: What colour/spec ?AirCon ?Lotus mustard, black alcantara, sports seats with red alcantara, cat replacement pipe, detatchable momo wheel in black alcantara. I’ll be getting the 190 upgrade when finances (and wife) allow. I’m considering the sports exhaust, but I don’t want to miss out on track days and sprints because of noise regualations.AirCon is for poofs, as is the radio fixing kit [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/tongue.gif[/image]Oh god, I just can’t wait.

…and lotus mustard is for posers…ENJOY…

quote:Originally posted by Bruno:…and lotus mustard is for posers…ENJOY…Nah, an outrageous shape just needs an outrageous colour to go with it.

I think the car looks quite good in yellow, very “race-prepped” looking.Though you’ll still get the odd banana joke.[This message has been edited by Admin5 (edited 12 February 2001).]

I do own a sweet little mk1 Elli for 26 months now. And I’m definitely looking forward to upgrade to an Exige… within - I hope - the next eight weeks. I’m into new aluminium all the way. Now with the Elise and then with the Exige. I would have taken british racing green if it was available… and despite the old banana-joke (which is a “postcar”-joke in Germany) the yellow Exiges look gorgeous… Marcus

quote:Originally posted by Brendan: Nah, an outrageous shape just needs an outrageous colour to go with it.well, that is debatable…for me, that would just be too much… I think, the exige is outrageous enough (shape that is) and doesn’t need such a bright coulours anyway…but for me, there was only one coulour possible for an English racing car… BRGdavid will call me an old fart and you called me a faggot. never thought that I would have me coming out in the INTERNET on a lotus panel… he-he… well, there you go…still, I don’t give a toss…