Where to buy a K20/K20a?

hi there, i noticed a few of you guys were buying K20 honda engines and g/boxes/ecu’s for a lot less cash than i thought they were. I want one!! Where can i pick one up and why do maidstone and other companies charge up to 9k to do the conversion??? I have a honda mechanic friend who will do the job free of charge

You can’t just drop the engine in and be done with it… The driveshafts need to be altered, a new exhaust manifold, an inline fuel pump to up the fuel pressure and a whole host of other bizarre stuff and thingys… Looking at the gear linkage that’s rather complicated as it is!

Oh and then engine mounts and the tons of other bits and bobs and finally all wired into the right place on the stack…

I’d do it but only if I could get decent instructions

urgh, well its between sticking one in the exige or stripping out an old high mileage eg civic and dropping it in that for use as an everyday car!

How much would I expect to pay for K20/A and the rest of the gear needed

How much would I expect to pay for K20/A and the rest of the gear needed

2-3K for engine and ancilleries.

Its not possible to buy the rest of the gear needed as none of the conversion companies sell it in kit form (too complex with too much room for error).

Any ideas there I could get parts required?