Wheels

Seen a set of wheels and slicks on ebay for �1500. Is this the going rate for spare rims guys?

Normal Exige rims �400 - �600 - although usually nearer the �400. If they are mag wheels then maybe �800 - �900.

Depends on what state the tyres are in. I have just bought some Dunlop British GT control tyres with 6 laps use for �300 - thats maybe slightly on the high side for lightly used AO48s etc.

Cheers

Les

Yes & no!

New Rimstock rims (without tyres) cost around �1300. Used rims fetch between �600 & �800 a set, depending upon condition. However, problem is that both new & used Rimstocks are usually in short supply, so you pays your money…

Some of the guys have gone for the lighter mag Speedlines - do a search on this bbs for details (or perhaps IDG will post up a link as he organised a recent group purchase of same).

HTH

Cheers, much appreciated

I wish I could find a set for �400-�600.

Best I was offered was �800 which I turned down.

A friend of mine is looking at having some Aluminium wheels to suit the Exige made. Let me know if you would be interested, price is likely to be �650 ish.

Randy

Was you who replied to my post on SELOC a couple of weeks ago.

I would need to know more details but yes I could be interested.

Yes it was. Don’t have too many details so far. Will chase it up tomorrow.

Ali is lighter yes? And �650 sounds pretty good to me so wouldn’t mind a spare set

(or perhaps IDG will post up a link as he organised a recent group purchase of same)

Ta da! - click here

They’re the wheel originally run on the Motorsport Elise and are so good looking they have been known to actually attach small pit crews.

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/IDG/Baileywheel.jpg[/image]

If you’re interested call David (see link) he probably has some left as I think they did another run.

Ian