Wheel/Tyre Options

Hi All,

I am currently looking into buying a spare set of wheels and all-weather tyres for my S2 NA. Usual reasons - to save the current A048s for track use and to be able to drive the car in poor weather conditions with greater safety.

I am looking for the most cost-effective option so am considering the Team Dynamics 1.2 (I think) at c.�550 but am not sure about the tyres because of the front wheel size; my preferred choice is the Goodyear Eagle F1 but AFAIK it’s not available as a 195/50/16.

Are there any issues with putting 205s on the front wheels? What are the recommended alternatives to the F1 in standard-sized tyres? What is the general opinion on the Team Dynamics wheels?

The car is on standard (non-adjustable) suspension.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

TT

i am too looking for another set for my s2 so will be interested in your replies!

I have F1s with 205s on the front in my NA and love them.

If you are really happy with the balance with the A048s, you might be less happy on the F1s because it does introduce the chance of oversteer if you don’t drive it properly.

I always thought the A048s understeered a bit too much so I find 205s on the front far more rewarding.

I have learnt to drive the car a lot better now, I used to turn the wheel too slowly which added to the understeer.

Now I’ve found a good yank really helps the car take a set, it would be nice to try out some A048s again at some point but I just can’t buy them now with the cost and rain scary factors.

I’m looking into, well Coordsport in Brum are looking into importing ME a set of Toyo R1R’s (from there German branch)…kind of wet R888’s…WHY DON’T THEY SELL THEM IN THE UK …Now I haven’t tried these yet but they look bloody excellent and the R888 isn’t that bad in the wet…it’s no wet but not that bad, that’s IMHO

Toyo R1R

It just so happens that I have a set of original S2 Exige alloys c/w AO48’s which I may sell. Not sure of a price. PM me if you’re interested

I’m looking into, well Coordsport in Brum are looking into importing ME a set of Toyo R1R’s (from there German branch)…kind of wet R888’s…WHY DON’T THEY SELL THEM IN THE UK …Now I haven’t tried these yet but they look bloody excellent and the R888 isn’t that bad in the wet…it’s no wet but not that bad, that’s IMHO

Toyo R1R >

What size are you going for? they don’t appear to do the correct Exige sizes

Tim - you have PM

Fairly clear on the wheel options, but really stuck on the tyre choices. Is it ok to use 205s on the standard wheels with the standard suspension setup? This would broaden the range of options.