Whats up with this S1???

see silver S1 at Newcastle Kawasaki

Link to Autotrader

It was for sale when I was looking for mine and had the seller of mine not sold for my silly offer I was off up to look at this one when it was with the private seller about 13/14 months ago!

see silver S1 at Newcastle Kawasaki

Link to Autotrader >

It was for sale when I was looking for mine and had the seller of mine not sold for my silly offer I was off up to look at this one when it was with the private seller about 13/14 months ago!

This was for sale on Ebay at least 12 months ago from a location in Carlisle, its now found itself to Newcastle.
Its being sold by a guy who works at Kawasaki Newcastle.
He’s obviously into interesting cars as in the last year he’s been selling an Esprit, a Lancia Integrale and now this!
Im led to believe its ropey, very ropey!
If anyones interested i’ll go and have a look for them as I bought an Aprilia Grand Prix Racing Replica from Jeff, so I know him reasonably well!

probably the interior - an aquired taste.

Yes the red alcantara is fairly sick The car just dosn’t seem right to be honest. I have seen it with my own eyes as Bertone knows and you know when you just have a feeling? When i was looking i think he wanted �17500(I think this was in May 05!!!) and he had only had it a few weeks and said he would get the money and would not budge on the price-well well well, still for sale and reduced. not that i was going to buy it any way. ohh and to top it off nearly all the body panels didn’t line up

Gents hi, if its ?415XCL I know this car very very well and have a few pics. To help you out…it was fine up to then nothing never went south, but went round goodwood a few hundred times…if its not, then who ever has XCL has a fine car…with a red trim, which i rekon is actually alright.
Best of luck…but it looks like a great buy to a budding audi powered/nitron riding owner.
regards Matt

Hi Matt

not heard from you round here for a wee while

I quite liked the look of the trim

as for body panels matching… It’s a Lotus FFS

I bet I would have bought it for that money or a bit less

Looks like a bargain but take your word for how it looks in the flesh

I quite like red alcantara … the titanium Exige I sold a few months ago had red leather… which was certainly an acquired taste… From the photos of when it was on Ebay it looked like a nice clean car to me, and if it wasn’t for the distance I would have considered it.

“ohh and to top it off nearly all the body panels didn’t line up”… And you expect any other Lotus to be different !

Give the guy a break ! ( I don’t know him btw )

“ohh and to top it off nearly all the body panels didn’t line up”… And you expect any other Lotus to be different !

Give the guy a break ! ( I don’t know him btw ) [/quote]

Well my panels seams to match up mostly perfect! I am not givening the guy a hard time mate, just telling you lot my honest opinion of the car. just remember you always get what you pay for, it is cheep and that is for a reason If some one wants to spend 17K on it go for it

Panel gaps aside, is there anything else you want to tell us about this car ?

35k miles on a VHPD too… Getting towards freshen up time at the very least.

�15k with �2k-�3k spent on it might be a good car? Then again…

I saw it a few times going round Carlisle city centre at a rate of knots when it was first for sale about year ago. I think the guy only had it a couple of months before it went up for sale at way under the going rate then even with about 36k miles and I think he either got an Evo or FTO.
Steve

I sold a de-cat pipe to somebody from Newcastle kawasaki about 5 months ago!! That I can confirm was a quality item! Not sure about the rest of the car though as I’ve never seen it!

I have never been out in this car and I am no expert and didn’t have a full inspection carried out on the car. when started up and reved there was a slight grinding noise?? there apeared to be oil deposits in the coolant tank. On the cosmetic side all the alloy wheels where chewed to death, a reall pet hate of mine and inside was taty and you could tell it had done a good few miles. Stone chips situation was bad to, the front end was fairly good but there was little paint left on the sills and lower rear clam! I admit it would make a good project if you could get it for 15K, but uless you like a taty car you are going to have to spend some dosh on it! The is a Guy on Her called Andrewtt, he is from scotland, he has also driven it said things wern’t good!

Thats odd, I sold a bucket full of fiberglass filler, two silver touch up pens and a 3lb dead blow hammer to a guy in Newcastle.

Thats odd, I sold a bucket full of fiberglass filler, two silver touch up pens and a 3lb dead blow hammer to a guy in Newcastle.

ha ha, you being serious-just checking

That’s odd, a chap from Newcastle bought these tyres for his “kit car” last week, saying he’d never sell it otherwise.

[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

I also looked at this one early last year when it was in Carlisle. I felt sorry for the guy that had it, as he didn’t seem to enjoy it at all and had clearly made a mistake in buying it.

As I recall it had brand new 048s, but the bonnet catch was broken, and the throttle cable was terribly rough. It was the little things like that which put me off as it kind of suggested that it needed a bit more TLC that it was getting. I think it had gone through lots of owners (was it 5?) too.

Well my panels seams to match up mostly perfect!

I think you need the chassis jigging to find out what is wrong

I think you need the chassis jigging to find out what is wrong

Sounds like a job for Michael Flatley, to be sure