Whats it worth

Hi

Just wondering what my Exige S1 is worth as I have not used it on the road in over a year (Always garaged) and for the right price may sell.

Its was first registered 0n 19 Dec 2001 on a 51 plate. Colour is new aluminium siver with black leather and blue alcantara sports seats,harness, and roll cage. I have never used it on the track and not messed with it at ALL so its still original with 177 BHP. Its in mint condition inside and out and has done 14500 miles.

Cheers Nev.

Nev - are you the first and only owner ?

Just wondered where the roll cage comes into it, did this come as an extra on an S1 ?

Just wondered where the roll cage comes into it, did this come as an extra on an S1 ?

Both S1 & S2 (Exiges & Elises) have rollover bars as standard, & I’d be very, very, very surprised if Nev’s car has anything but the standard fitment. A “harness bar” is required, if harnesses are fitted, so perhaps that is what Nev is referring to.

A rollcage is different altogether - just had one fitted to my car - not an easy job, & involves some “surgery”.

If you bung a fire system in as well Rob, Russ could use yours as his spare racer

If you bung a fire system in as well Rob, Russ could use yours as his spare racer

Have you been on the Jack Daniels again?

Cough, cough - it’s also now got a Fev “gas” extinguisher, & a battery isolator fitted. However, it ain’t going racing (unless someone gives me �65K for it!)

(unless someone gives me �65K for it!)

You up for taking a Ford Ka in PX…

Also, don�t suppose you�ve got any pics of the new cage about?

David

Also, don�t suppose you�ve got any pics of the new cage about?

David

Forgot to take me camera

Just kidding - but if you think a pic of my car without a roof is going on t’internet…

Hi again

I am the first owner and picked the car up from Lotus Ribble Valley in December 2001.

Sorry about the confusion with the roll cage/bar but this is the standard one fitted for the harness and not the extra scaffolding required for bad drivers.

A 1 owner car, very nice. I would day your car is worth around the �20k mark. Put it up for �20500 if you ask me

�19995 for a quick sale

Will you take a cheque Rob

By the way did you ever get round to fitting the supercharger or did you bottle it

By the way did you ever get round to fitting the supercharger or did you bottle it

Didn’t I mention that was one of the little jobs Martin & Steve are presently doing?

Cheque - from you, no problem

I am the first owner and picked the car up from Lotus Ribble Valley in December 2001.

Nev

Are you the bloke who won the car that was raffled in Trafford Centre?

Hi

Just wondering what my Exige S1 is worth as I have not used it on the road in over a year (Always garaged) and for the right price may sell.

Its was first registered 0n 19 Dec 2001 on a 51 plate. Colour is new aluminium siver with black leather and blue alcantara sports seats,harness, and roll cage. I have never used it on the track and not messed with it at ALL so its still original with 177 BHP. Its in mint condition inside and out and has done 14500 miles.

Cheers Nev.

Sounds good and probably will command a good price, as Nath said, around the 20K+ mark the only detractions being that its got a blue interior and its only a 177…these are certainly the areas id want changing so maybe at 20K+ you might find that buyers might barter with you knowing that they would need to spend a bit more cash on it.

Anyway, good luck Nev, there cant be that many pristine ones left!

A rollcage is different altogether - just had one fitted to my car - not an easy job, & involves some “surgery”.

I hope you are starting a separate post to “explain” this?

Nev

Are you the bloke who won the car that was raffled in Trafford Centre?

That one looked more of a graphite/titanium colour to my eyes, if you’re referring to the K*y Js (B@astards ) car. But then again I thought that one was raffled in 2000, as I entered the draw

That one looked more of a graphite/titanium colour to my eyes, if you’re referring to the K*y Js (B@astards ) car. But then again I thought that one was raffled in 2000, as I entered the draw

Tim

I’m pretty sure it was new ali, & yep, it was the one that KJs started raffling. AFAIK it was a Lotus “stock” car, so when the draw was made (during 2001), it was delivered via LRV to the winner. The monies over & above the cost of the car were paid to a well known medical charity, but I can’t remember which one!

As long as it wasn’t the same charity that funded Mr Ian K****Y himself

As long as it wasn’t the same charity that funded Mr Ian K****Y himself

Don’t worry, Tim, it was indeed a proper Charity, & KJ wouldn’t have benefited at all.

mr kj now there’s a name from the past, am sure he has a large fan club who would like to wish him a happy new year!