What Tyres?

This question is for people who use there Exige as a daily car. What tyres do you use? I’ve heard the lifespan of the tyres is only 5000 miles. I do roughly a 130 miles a week commuting and a few more doing some proper driving in the countryside. i was wondering whether anybody uses a different tyre that lasts a bit longer than 5000 miles?

5000 includes some trackdays (possibly even less if that’s all they’re doing). Basically about 10p a mile!

A039s will last longer, have almost the same grip, are better in the wet…but are even more expensive.

As far as I recall, there are only two other types of tyres available in our sizes - Toyo T1-S (or the newer T1-R) & Goodyear Eagle F1s. There’s some experience of the Toyos on this site (do a search) and perhaps SELOC but I’m not sure anybody has tried the Goodyear. I’m thinking about trying them when my current ‘wet set’ of A039s wears out.

Both the Toyos and Goodyears are cheaper and will last MUCH longer (too long for some people). However, the grip is much less. They should be fine for the road but you will certainly miss the complete Exige experience without the Yokos.

If you’re doing lots of miles it may even save you money to have two sets to wheels. One with trackday/fun day Yokos on and an everyday set with road tyres on.

Ian

I use the a048’s they seem fine to me on the road. I never tracked it last year just did a few quarter mile runs and i got 10000 on the rears and the fronts are still on.

100% agree with IDG

I had Toyo T1S for a while… no i mean awhile… did you get that… i had them a while…

took em off (they are still in the garage) to fit A039’s before moving to A048’s which i have now… if you have an exige its worth the �500 ish for the correct tyres but when i get some money together i’ll get some more wheels and probably keep a set of Toyo’s or Eagle F1’s (which is what i’ll try first) for commuting to/from work…

I use the a048’s they seem fine to me on the road. I never tracked it last year just did a few quarter mile runs and i got 10000 on the rears and the fronts are still on.

wow you must be carefull with the left foot chris… that’s an impressive mileage from A048’s. COuldn’t really ask for much more - given the grip they have.

Rox

Ya plonker, he was talking metres not miles

LOL

still further than Paula Radcliffe… so can’t be that bad…

sorry made a mistake, i forgot i changed the A048’s after about 7000 miles and ran on A039’s for 3000 miles and have only done about 800 miles on my new A048’s fitted by bookatrack. (Where they scuffed my wheels badly but say they never). Still haven’t changed the fronts but will be in a about 2000 more miles.