What tyres

Hi All
What tyres do you all use/ recommend for a Lotus Exige i use the car in all weather & want to do some touring & track days
Cheers Paul

AD08R’s :slight_smile:

What he said … ^^

I’ve recently put Avon ZZS on as they were available in the correct sizes. The AD08R isn’t, although it’s only a rise from 195 to 205 on the front. I thought the 195 AO48 was already more bulged on the front wall than on the rear and didn’t want to make it any more so.

I’ve not used the Avons on track yet but they were better than what came off (I suspect my old fronts could have been 6 years old).

AD08R 205 are fine, I went for the 45 profile, but they do ‘look’ smaller than the OE 195/50 even though they are only 10mm different in diameter. I’d probably go 205/50 next time around which would be +10mm over OE.

I’m a big fan of ZZS’s on my Caterham and I’ll be putting them on my S1.

Avon ZZR. Progressive grip and seem to really last. Impressed.

I love ZZR too but like John I’ve run ZZS as wets on the Caterham and they’re a better mixed use tyre. The next set of boots for the Exige will be ZZS for me *

\

• Given how much use it gets this will probably be in about 2025.

Ive just fitted AD08r’s to my road wheels and find them brilliant even in these wet winter conditions, In the past I rant them on a 500bhp fwd focus rs and again for the money they are one of the best tyres I’ve used,

I did abit of research into it 888,ao48r and the zzr and i went for the ao48r good performance on road and good in all conditions. I try and only go out in the dry as i dont like winter lol

I’ve tried all of those and prefer the ZZR, cheapest and longest lasting too I believe.

I’m likely to go with the ZZR again this time. Great performance and durability. First time I’ve actually worn out a set of fronts rather than just have them go hard.
Having said that if anyone has any opinions or experience on the Nankang AR-1 would be interested to hear.
http://www.nankangtyre.co.uk/performance/motorsport/ar-1

Just a warning if you go for the 205/50’s they will destroy your headlights in no time :slight_smile: trust me… :unamused:

Ah, i’d not be happy about that, must admit the OE 195/50 has touched the arch liner a couple of times, in cough extreme conditions, thanks for the heads up.

I put some on for a trip round europe… imagine all those hairpin bends :blush: you could literally hear them mauling them :laughing:

I have AD08r’s on my Vito work van only because I couldn’t get the size I wanted in the ZZR. Not had it on track yet my it’s all good on the road.