what to get for the exige

i’m trying to get an idea where is the place to look for aftermarket parts for the s2 exige u.s. what are some general upgrades people usually do… not really for racing or track purposes but for example either the forcedfed turbo or a supercharger(from i don’t know where) for performance upgrade… but also interior/exterior things like seats, carbon fiber dash kits, and exterior stylings… is it difficult to get parts from the U.K.? are parts like exhaust systems necessarily better from U.K. manufacturers for the exige than like japan… i’d appreciate any kind of help in this area since i’m new… thank you in advance…

I have not seen many UK S2 Exiges fitted with aftermarket parts - I suspect that will change over time, especially as upgrades for the Toyota engine including superchargers etc are starting to become available over here. Lotus Sport, the tuning arm of the factory will sell you anything to take your Exige right up to full race spec. Don’t see why they wouldn’t ship parts to the US but be warned they ain’t cheap. These guys http://www.hangar111.com/ have a selection of parts. I am sure Jamie will be along shortly to tell you about the mega upgrades his Exige is having over the next few months

i would imagine that some of the US forums would be the best bet to see what is coming across from the UK, Europe, Japan, etc and would give you an indication of landed costs if they are being imported personally.

Try http://www.elisetalk.com.

In the US:

Sector 111

In Japan:

Lotus JP

Some parts for the Elise may also be of interest:

Eliseparts

Pinkcore

thanks… i’ll look into these sites… i’m kinda getting ahead of myself but i want to be prepared

As Mark said I have been doing a few improvements to my Exige so here is a list
46mm two-way adjustable Ohlins
Anti Roll Bar
Pagid RS14s (brake pads)
LSD

And heres my to do list
Ragnorakracing 280RR supercharger
Accusump
sports exhaust (not sure what yet)
CF bits

Jamie,

2 questions on the brakingpads.
a) why didn’t you go with the Pagid blue RS-42?
b) Now with better pads, does the ABS kick in earlier?

Nico

2 questions on the brakingpads.
a) why didn’t you go with the Pagid blue RS-42? RS14 is the bigger brother and are more happy with high temps
b) Now with better pads, does the ABS kick in earlier? no

a) why didn’t you go with the Pagid blue RS-42?

Both those Pagid pads are officially racing pads, the 42 the endurance option. The 14s stop you better but don’t last as long.

Ian

I use to run 42’s on my elise but have 14’s on my exige. Now im not known to be easy on the breaks but the 14’s cool down to quick, i would go for the 42’s personally.
Gav