What snow foam

Inspired from threads from other lands . What snowfoam do you use, if any?

Bilt Hamber!

Same here, BH is my staple:

Doesn’t foam quite as thick as some others but find it works the best.

Recently come back from a holiday on 5litres of Auto Finesse stuff as well, worked OK tbh but was a bit pricier than BH.

The AF stuff foams like mad but 100% with you on it doesnt appear to clean as well.

Never used a foam. Is it worthwhile?

I think so, I’ve occasionally given it a miss when washing one of the dailies but always get the feeling I’m having to spend more time on the mitt/bucket “contact wash” side of things as a result, plus my mitt gets absolutely filthy by the end! You’ll find after snowfoaming even a filthy car that you can spray off the vast majority of dirt, therefor keeping your mitt cleaner when getting intimate with it.

I think most people who talk down the value of snowfoam assume that it results in a no-touch wash that takes 30seconds, that’s not the case - it just makes your wash a bit ‘safer’ for the paint.

I would echo Fonzey statement.
The less you touch the paint work to remove grime the less marking/scratching/marring you will get.

The issue I have is I had mine sealed with GTechniq which is great as the general dirt doesn’t stick to the paintwork as much but then come washing time neither does the snow foam, so I end up topping up the snow foam a couple of times to get it to soft the grime then pressure wash off which it does with ease. Then just a quick zip round the bodywork to get any stubborn bits that are left.

Thanks, fellas. I must try some.

Do you have a lance as well? If not factor that in. The auto finesse one is the one I have and cannot complain

I have a modest Karcher which I think has a tube to draw on fluids :confused:

That won’t work. You need a lance as well matey

No you really need a Lance that you can control the flow of the foam similar to this

You need a proper attachment for your lance………… I bought this one https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/collections/snow-foam-pre-wash/products/snow-foam-lance
Then snow foam, I’m currently trying this one……… Valet Pro PH Neutral Snow Foam

Tried the Valet Pro stuff initially, but found the Bilt Hamber snow foam better; doesn’t look as ‘foamy’, but just cleans betters.

I like using the snow foam, but sometimes find that it leaves a thin soapy film that can be difficult to rinse off.
This is particularly true when using it on cars that are ceramic coated.
I end up not adding any soap to the wash bucket, and effectively use it as a rinse.

Never thought I’d be discussing this :unamused: Taking car maintenance much more seriously now I have time.
Thank you all for the info.

Checked out the links. All products sold out!
Country’s going to be filled with gleaming cars with nowhere to go . . .

Found a lance + foam Whoohoo!