What new cars will excite you in 2012?

Just read a review of new cars due out in 2012 and those that I’ll go out of my way to see are (in reverse order):

1. Fisker Surf

1. Jag C-X75:

1. Mclaren MP4-12C convertible

1. Alfa 4C

1. Porsche 918 Spyder

The Porsche is just stunning. Shame about the anticipated sticker price but I guess it won’t be long before a body kit for a MR2 or Celica is along :crazy:

Alfa 4C for me, I am really tempted, might wait a bit to see if they are reliable first :wink:

Ade - yep that will be the car to get me into an Alfa dealership for the 1st time ever!

Given the gestation period of this car I would hope the extended development time would mean all the issues have been ironed out, however, perceived Alfa reliability issues still dog the brand.

Yes, I agree, the Alfa is the star of the pack, simply gorgeous - and set to be sensibly priced as a serious alternative to something like an Exige. I’m sure that any Alfa will be just as reliable as any Lotus, i.e. look after them and they will not let you down.

That said, it seems the door is about to fall off my 146 Pom car… Rather than the hinge pin give up the ghost the weld on the bracket to door frame is falling apart!

so the hinge pin is too strong then? :wink:

None of the above but I hope my new shocks will cause my S1 to exige me…

Must be. My man tells me that it is a common fault on these cars. Actually, it is probably easier to re-weld the bracket to the door frame than to change the hinge pin, so maybe the Italians are more clever than we thought…

[quote=The83man]

That said, it seems the door is about to fall off my 146 Pom car… Rather than the hinge pin give up the ghost the weld on the bracket to door frame is falling apart![/quote]

Has The Majorette been using the car “Terry Grant” stylee, whilst razzing around Waitrose’s car park? :smiley:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/213520/terry_grant_donut_wheel_change/

Probably more to do with the grandchildren I suspect…

She should put them in the boot like you do! :smiley:

Really fancy an MP4-12C but after chatting to someone today who has just taken delivery of one, theres still loads of problems, takes numerous attempts to even get the door handles to work!!

Perhaps when all the niggles are sorted might be worth a look 2nd hand in a few years…

Yeh, I bought 2. Might sell them and just stick with the F1 LM.