What colour is my Car?

I have an S1 Exige in the standard original Silver and am about to respray it. The Original Paint is several different shades and I am looking for the original Lotus Paint code or the name. I presume they used paint from Rover or BMW as per usual, but we can’t get a match.

Any Ideas?

Cheers!

Ed

New Aluminium was the official name for the 1st variant of silver used on S1s

The official colour of mine is Quartz!

I have an S1 Exige in the standard original Silver and am about to respray it. The Original Paint is several different shades and I am looking for the original Lotus Paint code or the name. I presume they used paint from Rover or BMW as per usual, but we can’t get a match.

Any Ideas?

Cheers!

Ed

It’s a Lotus colour: New Aluminum, code B35.
It changes slightly with age so don’t be surprised if the newly mixed colour doesn’t match the old one. Better to respray it all! (or wait till the sun evens them out)

(mine is the same)

Paint code should be on a sticker under the bonnet by the fuses/relays - there’s one on mine anyway!

HTH

Have decided to do the whole car, but have found this and might be tempted!

http://web.mac.com/lufc/iWeb/Site/White%20Exige!.html

Thoughts?

Ed

Got to admit, if i was to respray my exige it would be in white! It makes it look like even more of a race car!

Love the extended roof scoop on that French car .

David

I on the otherhand am less sure about it.

Well Chrome Orange would still be my choice! [color:“orange”] [/color]

IMHO you should re-paint it in the colour you like, & bollocks to what anyone else thinks!

Well, I would say that, wouldn’t I?

[image]TrackSideStudio.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Thanks Coot, nice one!

Very nice indeed! Don�t suppose you have anymore…

David

Very nice indeed! Don�t suppose you have anymore…

David

Any more of Peskys? Dont think so, the camera sensor had to cool down for 45 mins between shots

Any more of Peskys? Dont think so, the camera sensor had to cool down for 45 mins between shots

Eh? Al Butch’s camera worked okay

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/albutch/_MG_0264.jpg[/image]