Went to look at an S1 exige today....

… it was a nice car, but didn’t quite tick all the boxes. Its got really low miles, ie 4k, but it just wasn’t in quite as good condition as i was expecting, maybe im being far too ‘picky’!!
Can anyone advise how much the 190 upgrade is? and is it possible to buy the upgraded seats, better still does anyone know of any?
Im gonna give the car some serious thought over the next few days, and work out what i would need to spend on it as it needs a ‘c’ service, and some tyres…
Any info regarding prices for various bits would be appreciated, thanks…

Must have been very hard miles if you are turning your nose up at a 4k car

Cost of a 190 upgrade - paid �1,458.93 in 2001 for full 190 kit plus sports exhaust breather kit & breather catch tank.

Upgraded seats - lots of aftermarket seats that are as good, if not better, try Eliseparts, Hangar111 & Mog.

C servive - �800 but it include the usual collection of extra “little” jobs that seem to accompany each service.

Tyres - two rear AO48’s �264 plus VAT inc fitting.

… it was a nice car, but didn’t quite tick all the boxes. Its got really low miles, ie 4k, but it just wasn’t in quite as good condition as i was expecting, maybe im being far too ‘picky’!!
Can anyone advise how much the 190 upgrade is? and is it possible to buy the upgraded seats, better still does anyone know of any?
Im gonna give the car some serious thought over the next few days, and work out what i would need to spend on it as it needs a ‘c’ service, and some tyres…
Any info regarding prices for various bits would be appreciated, thanks…

YOU can never be TOO picky!

Dont jump in, take your time and find the right one for you.

Im assuming youre referring to the S1 on Pistonheads?

I have to say it sounds and looks excellent, shame you were disappointed!

Its going to work out quite costly for you paying 21k for the car then forking out for an 190 upgrade, sports seats, a ‘C’ service and tyres.

There are a few others for sale if you really look, no mine isnt one of them, I think WillB still has a good one for sale which will no doubt be worth a look!

Good luck!