WEC vs F1

I enjoyed this…

Blime, just thought, that’s even more impressive given a WEC car pretty much does an entire F1 season in one of its races!

WEC is fantastic racing.

I have a friend who’s son drives Aston in WEC. And the hospitality is awesome too :slight_smile:

I’m going to try and follow it this year. I do enjoy Le Mans, would love to go. Maybe Spa too one year.

Loved WEC since the GT1 days, my favourite series.

Love looking at some of the speeds the F1/WEC cars carry around Spa,…flat at 185mph into Eau Rouge…oof :open_mouth:

Yeah but as Weber says on the page before those figures the WEC is more of a challenge through there.

And despite being slower in, it comes out faster! :open_mouth:

I love WEC too.

Lets be honest, F1 is without doubt the worst motor racing you can watch. If it wasn’t for SKY making such a great job of trying to make it entertaining, I think it would die a death. I mean literally any other form of racing, actually contains some racing, rather than the procession you currently get in F1. BTCC is also awesome, Ozzy V8’s, every form of bike racing I have watched. You only have to look at Mark F’s vid of his race at Castle Combe, to see the kind of real racing that goes on at every track in the UK throughout the summer.

I went to WEC at Silverstone last year I was amazed at the speed of the LMP1s and the way they handled traffic. Hell of a race at the front. Enjoyed it so much, I’m thinking of going again.

Didn’t see you there thommo

I was there too…agreed on those cornering speeds! Just incredible…

Nor me, you!
Another missed opportunity for a northern reunion!!

I was in the royal box :laughing:

Ooh steady on Steve, now that is a story :laughing:

[/quote]

Nor me, you!
Another missed opportunity for a northern reunion!![/quote]

I was in the royal box :laughing:[/quote]

Didn’t realise Camilla was still putting it about :open_mouth:

Nor me, you!
Another missed opportunity for a northern reunion!![/quote]

I was in the royal box :laughing:[/quote]

Didn’t realise Camilla was still putting it about :open_mouth:[/quote]

Thanks for that Thommo put me off my buttie.

Dirty cows, these posh birds! As we know from our VSCC Lakeland Trials! Or am I just fantasising?

Come again, Thommo?

:laughing: