Wayne @Pro-Alloy

Sad news from Pro-alloy
Just copied this from seloc…Posted by Paul @ PSR

So I have done a quick search and found that the news has filtered down to SELOC already. However it has been asked that I spread the word as much as I can, if this is a double post I am very sorry.

I have copied down details from PSR facebook page and also Pro Alloy page… Please share this where possible as Family and Friends of way want this to be a send off the guy deserves… (Sorry for the essay)

As with any line of work you get to meet lots of people that you might not have otherwise had the opportunity to, they maybe customers, suppliers, staff or just associates of the company. Some of these relationships are more then just 9-5 and turn into friendships.

Having been dealing with Pro Alloy for 10 years one guy that fits this description for me is Wayne Clayden who started Pro Alloy alongside his business partner Alex. He has been fighting cancer for 2 years and unfortunately last Thursday Wayne lost this fight.

Some of you might have been lucky enough to get to know yourselves through us as it was not uncommon for us to partner up with Pro Alloy to help us on some of our inhouse projects that might need the Pro Alloy touch, not to mention how many of you probably have products him and Alex have developed for your cars, especially the Lotus owners which was a brand and car that Wayne held close to his heart over many years.

Family and Friends of Wayne have asked for everyone to try and share and spread the word of his funeral so that anyone who has met/known him who might want to come say good bye can. Every one is welcome and I will copy the details from Pro Alloys Facebook page below…

FROM PRO ALLOYS FACEBOOK PAGE…
WAYNE’S FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
Following on from our sad news on Thursday, we just wanted to keep everyone informed of the arrangements for Wayne’s funeral.
Wayne’s Family have been overwhelmed by the huge amount of support and amazing comments that they have received over the last few days and therefore really would love Wayne’s send-off to involve as many of Wayne’s family and friends that would like to attend.

As much as the day is likely to be a hard day to deal with for so many that were close to Wayne, we all know that Wayne really wouldn’t want this to be a sad day, and would much rather this be a joyful celebration of his life. The family have therefore suggested that there be no real necessity for formal dress, as we all know how much Wayne hated a suit … and would prefer people to join us in whatever clothing they feel comfortable in. Obviously if anyone would prefer to come in formal wear then this is also absolutely fine as well.

We all, I’m sure, are also aware of Wayne’s great passion for fast cars and motorbikes - we would therefore love for as many of Wayne’s friends as possible to come along in whatever unusual, exotic, fast or slow, cars or motorbikes they have available, as we know he would love his send-off to be a bit of a event!!

For anyone who would like to join in the procession of cars and motorbikes we are suggesting that everyone meets at Wayne’s work (Address below) in Haverhill at about 10:30am on Friday 11th, with a view to leaving at about 11am following the funeral cars to the Crematorium in Bury St Edmunds. Alex is planning to take Tommy in Wayne’s Lotus and will head the procession behind the funeral cars, and Marie is hoping to ride to the crematorium on Wayne’s Ducati, flanked by her close friend Tessa on Marie’s CBR, and they would both welcome any other friends to ride along with them as well. Also, in true Wayne and Marie style, if she does ride she will not change into any posh clothes for the service and will stay in her leathers, which is just as Wayne would of wanted. Obviously this will all be slightly weather dependent on the day. Anyone wishing to go straight to the crematorium, then this is fine and please aim to be there in good time for the start of the service at 12:00.

The funeral will take place at West Suffolk Crematorium at 12:00 on Friday 11th December (Address below).

There will also be a wake after the funeral which the family welcome everyone along to. This will take place at Haverhill Rovers FC (Address below) and we expect to arrive back here from the crematorium at about 1:30 to 2pm. There is a very large car park at the club, which we hope will be sufficient. There is also a bar and a light buffet will also be provided. The venue has another event later in the evening so we have the function area booked until 5pm.

The family have suggested a preference of donations rather than flowers, with all donations going to Marie Curie Cancer Care. The Marie Curie nurses and staff have provided Wayne and the family with an amazing amount of care and support during the recent difficult times, so is something which is very close to their hearts. In particular the support they were given by Frances and Jackie who cover the Bury St Edmunds area for Marie Curie has been outstanding, amazing and hugely appreciated.

Donations can be made in advance ideally directly onto the Just Giving Page www.justgiving.com/waynepro or alternatively by cheque made payable to Marie Curie Cancer Care and sent to:

H J Paintin LTD Funeral Directors
60 Withersfield Road
Haverhill
Suffolk
CB9 9HE

Donations can also be made on the day in cash into the collections boxes at the crematorium.

We expect there to be a few people who may be travelling long distances to attend the funeral, so for those who would like to book overnight accommodation there are a number of Hotels and B & B’s in and around the Haverhill area which would be suitable. To help with this, we have listed a few recommended places below which are within a five mile radius of Haverhill.

Meeting point for funeral procession:
Pro Alloy Motorsport LTD
15 Rookwood Way
Haverhill
Suffolk
CB9 8PB

Funeral Location:
West Suffolk Crematorium
Risby
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
IP28 6RR

Wake Location:
Haverhill Rovers FC
Chalkstone Way
Haverhill
Suffolk
CB9 0AW

Recommendations for accommodation:
Days Inn
Phoenix Road
Haverhill
Suffolk
CB9 7AE Tel: 01440 716950

The Rose & Crown
1 Withersfield Road
Haverhill
Suffolk
CB9 8AA Tel: 01440 708446

The Old Red Lion Inn
Linton Road
Horseheath
Cambridge
CB21 4QF Tel: 01223 894217

The Plough Inn
Brockley Green
Hundon
Sudbury
Suffolk
CO10 8DT Tel: 01440 786789

The White Horse
Mill Road
Ridgewell
Halstead
Essex
CO9 4SG Tel: 01440 785532

RIP Sad news indeed.

yeah I put some funds on the nominated charity, maybe we can do an anglesey split 50/50?

:frowning:

nothing else to add

I went to Wayne’s funeral. It was one of the most impressive turnouts I’d ever seen. It was like a car show. There was every make and model you could think of. The line of cars was literally miles long on the way to the crem. The guy was truly loved by a lot of people. His family are as impressive as he was. Rest in peace mate.