Wax

Just picked my 2001 new ali Exige up at the weekend, cant stop grinning!!! what is the best wax/cleaning products to use on the beast??

Dunno, never bothered ‘polishing’ it, that’s probably true for 90% of the owners here too!

Get out and drive it man

The stuff thats expensive and comes in a blue bottle – Mer or something.

I understand the need to wax … it reduces the drag - right

Anything for a bit more speed!!! are there any exige meets in the essex area?

Don’t listen to them Dan.
I clean my car once a year whether it needs it or not!
AutoGlym shampoo/body conditioner and AutoGlym wax. (Halfords)
Don’t forget toothbrush and autosol polish for inside the exhaust.
Use your partner/wife’s toothbrush tho’ cos it leaves a nasty taste!
Have fun with the new toy - the smile never goes.
Tony

DOH!,

of course you need to wax it to avoid the lassies getting friction burns when rubbing themselves naked all over it…

The Exige is not only for driving, you know?

PS - I do wax it, but I have tried every time a different wax and to tell you the truth, it makes no difference …

I thought the wax was for the legs of the lassies ??

No, hang on, Lassie was a dog…

I think I mean lasses…

Uldis,
Are you suggesting i should get naked ladies rubbing themselves over my Aqua one

\

Danno,at the risk of attracting the wrath of (most)of my fellow owners ,I thought I’d share my thoughts on cleaning products!IMHO, the best cleaner/polish/wax is Zymol.However,it is very time consuming to apply properly and,inevitably,it’s the most expensive!Others I rate are…Meguires and Raceglaze.Again,not that cheap,and fairly time consuming to apply.As a general,good quality product,I don’t think you can go far wrong with Autoglym.Hope this helps

Danno welcome aboard matey, congrats on choosing such a cool colour

Uldis,
Are you suggesting i should get naked ladies rubbing themselves over my Aqua one

You mean they’re not?
Of course! naked skin rubbing and trackdays is what it’s all about!

You’d have to have your missus permission though, or have her do it (take pics)

Danno,at the risk of attracting the wrath of (most)of my fellow owners ,I thought I’d share my thoughts on cleaning products!IMHO, the best cleaner/polish/wax is Zymol.However,it is very time consuming to apply properly and,inevitably,it’s the most expensive!Others I rate are…Meguires and Raceglaze.Again,not that cheap,and fairly time consuming to apply.As a general,good quality product,I don’t think you can go far wrong with Autoglym.Hope this helps

All fair, but if you’re going to drive hard your car, it’s going to get chipped sooner or later (very soon in my case).
It’s got to the point that there’s almost no paint in the nose (good thing I got the new Ali one so it doesn’t show).
But then, just what is there left to polish/wax? I mean yes, I still do it, but it just looks chipped (but clean).

You’ll sooon see what I mean.

I’ve always used autoglym on my previous cars, pretty good really but haven’t had the car over the summer yet so no need to polish just yet I’ll do it a couple of time I’d imagine tho’!

Danno where about in Essex are you? As there are so few road going exiges there isn’t enough in Essex to warrant a meet LOL! I don’t think 2 cars count

Did you buy your off of Rob Jefferies? So there’s 2 silver one’s in the area then

Im in Chelmsford, bought mine from Wilsons in Chadwell Heath, where are you from? Think im gonna have to get some autoglym this week!!! The car is a rocket!!!

I’m in Leigh on Sea so only down the road, they are a complete rocket when the f**king wheel speed sensor works and doesn’t limit you to 5.5k rpm!!! breath

So you all know I have an emerald on order so will be free from silly misfire type things from now on! Yay!

Once I’ve got the bit’s that need doing on mine done if you want to meet up and have a blat about then that’ll be cool.

Also if you need anything done out of warranty I’d say go to Sinclaires as opposed to Wilsons, they’re much better all round IMHO

Yep well up for a blat about, let me know when you sort the emerald out!!!

Emerald and leaky suspension, I think the NSR is out of oil now so just bounces around on the spring to a silly level

But it’ll be in the next couple of weeks

Oh and brake pads too! Doh!