Watch what you say on Forums!

From Pistonheads

Police monitoring a forum convict boastful motorist

They’re watching us – right here on PistonHeads.

Last December, a man took his girlfriend for a drive on the M6 in Cumbria, hit 88mph, got snapped by a scamera – then boasted on a Web site about how he had got away without being caught. The driver, Stephen Quas, had apparently persuaded his girlfriend Isabelle Fortot to say that it was her face that had been hidden by the sun visor in the scamera’s photo.

But Cumbria police were sneakily monitoring the site, Pepipoo.com, and now Stephen Quas and his girlfriend have to wear electronic tags, as part of their heavy community service sentences “for perverting the course of justice”. He got 240 hours� community service, she got 200 hours.

Others have been caught the same way – so be careful what you say on a permanent notice board that’s both open to the world and very easily searchable.

Good point fella

I suppose they have time to monitor forums as well as doing motorists. Perhaps they have satellite broadband in the traffic cars so they can surf with one hand and with the other…

\

The verminous scum… whatever dastardly deed will they perpetrate next ? Rescuing things from a sinking boat no doubt… that seems to be the way the criminal fraternity operate.

The verminous scum… whatever dastardly deed will they perpetrate next ? Rescuing things from a sinking boat no doubt… that seems to be the way the criminal fraternity operate.

ooofff I hope you have your skid lid on

LOL

Doesn’t it seem a little bit… I don’t know… stupid!

Anyone with a knowledge of a thing or two about law, could easily kill this acusation, no?

How the hell can the police prove that they were lying the first time and not in the forum, or vice-versa?

Besides the odds of someone lying in an internet forum are much higher that the ones of lying in a court or to the police.

My advice to them:

Get a lawyer!