Warranties

Just checking out warranty options for Exige S1 and was greeted with open arms by the AA (�65 per annum); Warranty Direct don’t even list Lotus – yet will cover Ginetta and those Ligier runabout things!RAC: Lotus totally excluded.Anyone any experience of this?

I’ve just bought an S1 with a year’s RAC warrenty.

Was that through a dealer? Don’t know if that makes a difference

Yes it was.

Dealer warranties arn’t worth the paper they are written on in my experience. You will always pay a vastly over inflated price on them as well. AA have always performed well for me in the past. Made a couple of claims on my old elise which paid for the premium many times over.

It’s just a standard RAC warrenty bought through a dealer (well trader not offical dealer actually). They have limits but it’s not tied to the place i bought the car, you can get the work and claim through any garage.

�65 for a years cover, I think I am gonna give em a ring!!!

That’s going to be one long phonecall, not just listing your mods but having to explain what each one is to someone who probably doesn’t know where the washer bottle is on their own car!

sh!t - Better get joined up b4 Seans first claim - they’ll close the book after that!!!

LOL yeah, new quaife sequential gearbox please. 6 new clutches please, new wiring loom please, oh, new VHPD please, all for �65. That is my kind of Warranty.

I know, it does seem pretty unbelievable. I checked back with them later and spoke to someone different who confirmed all that I had been told.However, I am awaiting paperwork before signing on the dotted line. As we have family membership of the AA, it covers all vehicles, apparently. You can have five breakdowns in a year, each to the value of �500 with a �25 excess payable on each occasion.

As DanM says “AA have always performed well for me in the past. Made a couple of claims on my old elise which paid for the premium many times over.”

what were the claims for, out of interest