Warm hearted garage seeks beautiful Exige S1

Hi all, Happy Christmas!

My name is Warren, I am a potential Exige S1 owner seeking the right car. I live near Ashford in Kent and i am looking for a reasonable S1. I am only interested in original k series powered cars. I was sales manager for Piper Cams from 1991- 2007 and tuning the K has always been a passion of mine. In saying that i would be looking to keep the Exige fairly standard.

For my sins i own a 220+ bhp k series powered MG Midget. I built it in the 90’s, originally with a 1400 k and then in 2001 I built an 1800 for it, which is fun. But you can’t have too many toys and i have always had a hankering towards the S1 Exige and now i think i had better do something about it before i get to old to get in & out of one.

Any pointers welcome. Thanks.

Welcome Woz, sounds like a plan. There doesn’t seem to be too many around at the moment. Fingers crossed though :thumbup:

I’m restoring one, see owners subtopics. Now I won’t lie, work’s kind of stalled but it should be a rolling chassis with a freshly trimmed interior and painted sills sometime in Feb…plans are afoot :mrgreen: again!

Welcome and good luck Woz. like Jonny says there’s not much on the market right now but you’ve come to the right place!!

Hi Warren :wave: Good luck with your search! Any S1s that come up for sale anywhere do tend to get posted or at least discussed on here so keep an eye on this forum (Exigers are an eagle-eyed bunch) :slight_smile:

There was an Azure Blue one advertised the other week (http://www.exiges.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19354) but not much else recently.

Good luck. And your K expertise will be much welcomed here, in case of disaster

Welcome to Exiges Warren.

Good luck with your search. I have had 2 S1’s you just missed ‘Shrek’ I sold a couple of months ago. Garage still has a space to fill :frowning:

:open_mouth: :crazy: :wink:

Good thing it’s not a helicopter :mrgreen:

Haha. Good point

:laughing:

Thanks guys for your comments.

I am going to look at an S1 Exige tomorrow, he’s asking 32.5k for it. What sort of mileage/condition would you expect at that price?

No Pork for me its for Christine to replace the TT :slight_smile:

I suppose it’s easier if you post the info first :smiley: . Motorsports seats are very very important. 40k miles + below £30k. I paid £23k 50k miles almost two years ago but add a couple of grand with appreciation and you’re on the money. Have a good look at the aluminium on the wishbone and damper mounts for crash damage. Good luck

Edited! :blush:

Cheers Jonny, I’ll come back to you later with further spec.

I got that wrong and wasn’t even drinking :smiley: 40k + miles, below £30k, less around £30k and above.

If its not been cosetted and pampered , kept garaged and never used in the rair/salt it will be fine But any of the above cause. corrosion :frowning: :cry:

Got it, cheers Jonny, come back to you later when i know more.

Good luck :smiley:

Still haven’t managed to see car yet, going Monday morning now. I spoke to the seller again and it turns out the mileage is 24k, which i think is good. :slight_smile:

Sounds promising Warren.

I didn’t ask about the seats, why are motorsport seats a must Jonny?