Wanted - S1 indoor cover

All being well, I’ll be collecting an S1 Exige later this week. Before I order a new one, does anyone happen to have a decent fitted indoor cover they no longer need and would be interested in selling?

Thanks, Jamie

Not very scientific but my car had zero osmosis, I used an indoor cover and I got some osmosis on the roof. I don’t use the cover any more (sold it) and the osmosis has not got worse. Of course, it may all be unrelated. Where I live the air is very damp (Peak District near a river) so a cover is like wrapping the car in a damp towel. If you have a dusty garage I’d be more tempted to get a carcoon type bubble cover.

2 Likes

That’s a good shout - thank you. It’s a bit of tight squeeze in the garage, so a carcoon not an option unfortunately. It is dry though.

Have covered my S2 Exige with a cover for the last 6yrs and previous S1 Elise for 4 years without any issues.
It’s a soft lined, fitted cover.

I never fit the cover if the car is wet, been washed or been used, I wait a day or so before covering.

1 Like

Mine spends the winter in here

4 Likes

Which Exige did you get? Was it a black one? I’ve been keeping half an eye on the market as always :joy:

1 Like

The black one looked really good to me. I wanted it.

2 Likes

It’s a silver one. Just collected today :blush:

5 Likes

No, not that one. :slight_smile:

Missed that one, although I wasn’t actually actively looking for an S1. Stumbled upon one through a chance conversation.

Congrats on the upcoming acquisition of the S1 Exige! I don’t have a fitted indoor cover to sell at the moment, but I recommend checking with local Lotus clubs or forums where members might have some leads on used covers. Additionally, it might be worth looking into custom options if you’re having trouble finding a good fit. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you, and that’s a great shout, so will do