WANTED!!! S1 EXIGE - PREF Titanium up to £20k

Hello people! My name is Laura and I have only so far had the pleasure of a test drive…deperately seeking an s1 exige in either titanium, laser blue or black…have only �20k to play with…CAN ANYONE HELP!!!
Thanks
Laura

In my opinion your best bet is to keep checking websites. The good ones to look on are www.lotuscars.co.uk, www.pistonheads.com, www.autotrader.co.uk and exiges.com of course! Those were the ones i found most helpful when i was looking for my S1. Ive not seen any titanium ones for sale recently but Pistonheads has a couple of very nice looking black S1s for sale at the moment and i think the one in fife is under 20k with low mileage. Although might be a bit far to travel depending on where u live. Its not always easy to find the colour you are after due to the limited number of cars so best of luck.

thanks! have had a look at all of em but its the colour thats gonna be tricky! have seen the fife one but its a trek n a half from south wales! will see how long i can hold out for before i settle for a diff colour! ta for the help!
laura

Hi Laura - the nicer ones among us have orange ones. It’s generally regarded as the best colour …

Light blue touch paper, stand well back and…

… has petrol thrown over it all by koopa who also is a member of the chrome orange cool crew and seconds the opinion! *gives mhaney high 5 *

Laura, that money should not be a problem…out of season. Back in November you could have picked up a good’um, in laser blue, for �16k! (sorry, you probably didn’t want to hear that! )

So what I’m basically saying is be patient if your budget won’t stretch. And in the mean time, if you want to get an Exige fix, get yourself to Croft for the 28th.

Ian

yes the best price now for the blue seems to be �20K but the titanium is probably gonna be a struggle! not so many about! gotta sell my civic type r first as well so theres no huge rush but if one comes up for �20k I’m having it!!!
test drove the 111s which was nice but lacked the meat of the exige! never mind I will as you say, be patient!

Hi Laura!

My S1 Exige is about to go up for sale - its just having a Class B service at Christopher Neil in Northwich at the moment… the reason im selling is because im 22 and going travelling soon so i need the revenue from my car!

here is the spec;

(I�ll try and keep this as brief as possible)

• 2001 (Y) reg Lotus Exige in the colour Cobalt metallic Blue
  • Sports Seats and 4 point harnesses
  • Alcantara Trim Pack
  • Radio Fitting Kit
  • Cat 1 Alarm + Immobiliser
  • Carbon Air Box
  • � Carpet Set
  • MoMo + Quick release HUB
  • Competition Brake Pads
  • Carbon Style Trim kit

The above options are what came with the car as it was purchased new = �35099.45

The car then had the Lotus Motorsport 190 BHP upgrade which consisted of the following;

•      190 ECU

•      101 degree pulley

•      Sports exhaust with Cat Pipe

•      Breather system

•      Race battery

•      Alloy track use fuel tank

•      Goodbridge braided steel hose set

= �3500.00

Here are the rest of the upgrades � My Exige has had a supercharger added and I believe the Lotus Motorsport 190 upgrade can not co-exist with the Turbo Technics supercharger, so the power now is 260 horse power. It uses an �Emerald� ECU and the supercharger also takes up more room in the engine bay so the air conditioning has been stripped out too.

Turbo Technics TT260 Super charger, Engine rebuild and extended warranty - �10575.00
Sports Exhaust (straight through stainless steel, no CAT track exhaust (original exhaust system included)) - �1100.00
Upgraded Clutch and Strengthened gear box * - �1500.00
Exige Window wiper - �104.40
Cabinet Alloy Valve - �124.32
Mudflaps - �48.20
Armourfend Stone Protection - �578.69

Total = �52630.06

• items with a star next to them mean I do not have invoices for.

The car currently has 7900 miles on the clock � approximately 2500 have been done since the full engine rebuild and addition of TT260 supercharger. Full service is all stamped up in the log book.I am the 4th owner of the vehicle � 1st chap who took ownership was a guy called Stuart Pinches who lived in Hampshire, 2nd and longest owner was a chap called Russel Morgan whom had most of the expensive upgrades carried out and lived in Clitheroe, third owner was a car sales person called Nick Smallbone who told me knows Russel Morgan personally and sold the car on behalf of him. 4th owner is me and I picked up the car when it had approximately 6000 miles on the clock�
    MOT and road Tax runs out on the 4th August 2005.

With out sounding too biased I think the car is in flawless condition the only scratch I have found is on the upper front left wheel arch � it looks like a small stone chip approx 3mm in length, 2mm in width and less than 1mm in depth � you really cant see it unless you look very closely. There is a slight indentation underneath the chassis as if it slipped off a jack one time � but again you really have to look to see it � and with the body made from reinforced fibre glass � no rust can start to erode the body shell�

The claimed speed figures of the car are;

0 � 60 MPH in under 4.0 seconds (with the sports exhaust on)
0 � 100 MPH in approx 10.0 seconds
Top speed is 150+ MPH � I say �+� because I have had it off the clock which reads 150 MPH

I also have 3 spare tires which have been used once � 2 front and 1 rear�

I�m looking for around 20k for it�
Give us a shout if you’re interested - [email protected] - i’ve not officially started advertising it yet… its gonna be too difficult to let this go as i love it!
Matt

that really must be a bargin. Shouldn’t have much trouble selling it for that price i had a lot of people after my supercharged one at �22000. That was towards the winter with more miles on the clock.

that really must be a bargin. Shouldn’t have much trouble selling it for that price i had a lot of people after my supercharged one at �22000. That was towards the winter with more miles on the clock.

ideally i’d like to get around 22k for it but i am prepared to let it go for 20k… it all depends on how soon i go travelling because i want to buy a house as well to rent before i go…

if i get loads of interest in it and somebody offers me 22k for it or more then great - but i am willing to let it go for as little as 20k… i really have looked after this car; can’t track it yet with my insurance either until im 23 - its only been used in the dry and now i want to get it up to scratch with the service before i let it go…

‘our saviour on a unicycle’ I think my favourite colour might have been blue if I heard about this one b4 I bought mine! Got to be a bargain this.
I still prefer Orange

… has petrol thrown over it all by koopa who also is a member of the chrome orange cool crew and seconds the opinion! *gives mhaney high 5 *

[color:“orange”] [/color] I know - what about a new forum www.orangeexiges.com ???

Only joking [color:“orange”] [/color]

Does sound fab…still hung up on Titanium one. They all look stunning but theres something about the gunmetal style colour. My other half read the spec on yours and said he’d have it, but he can get in line for a new car!!! Ta for the post though! (Unless…Can you spray it? LOL)

Cheers, Laura.

Laura,

Think of it this way; a metal car should be a metal color, but a glass fibre car? Should be orange.

Besides, folks on the motorway or at roundabouts will actually see you, orange simply does not blend in!

-robert

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!!!

You’ll be constantly doing this -

And you will deffo need these -

Sean…

Laura,

You have PM

Thanks for the mail Laura. Good luck with the Exige hunting this weekend. If you see me around flash, wave, toot your horn whatever to get my attention and I look forward to seeing you in your Exige soon and joining us on a few loacal runs and track days.

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!!!

Sean…

while all the other exige drivers in their ‘less appealing colours’ look at you in envy… like this →

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!!!

Sean…

while all the other exige drivers in their ‘less appealing colours’ look at you in envy… like this →

LOL

sorry to interrupt the orange fanatics!!! just to let you know, i have now bought a new car…decided i will wait a while til i change to an exige so got an impreza sti…chalk and cheese i know! so thanks for all help, advice and PMs I’ve had and i will return one day in the future!
THANKS!
Laura