WANTED - S1 EXIGE - Please Help!

That’s RobS’s car

It would’ve been mine

If id seen it first

But I never

hi just to let you know my Exige is up for sale, 20k.ono complete engine rebuild by Lotus at 16k now on 28k miles. email me for more info. no track use. see pictures of my car on owners cars Damon Lawrence. or i can send them or send you the link.

My Titanium Exige is up for sale. See Advert on Exiges.com here. I know you specified a 190BHP, and mine is standard, totally unmodified. Goes like stink. Potential upgrade possible.

Guys,

Thanks for letting me know about your cars for sale, but I had just put down a deposit on an Exige.

tell us more about what you have found!!!

Wait until you have tried the Honda S2000 you will be impressed and might find Missus is quit quick in it!
Maybe not quite as chuckable as the Exige but very fast
huge fun and a head turner,and thats before we start on your wife.
Have fun

Hurrah, I’ve finally got one

New Ali,
10,000 miles,
Lotus 190 conversion with decat pipe,
No Air Con,
Braded hoses, upgrade pads and fluid,
B&M short-shift.

Wow these cars are good - I’m a very happy boy

The only problem is that the baffles are going in the exhaust on the car. Anybody got a spare standard exhaust going? Please let me know.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Oh no, you don’t want a std one, it’s well under spec! Edwards, Larini, Eliseparts, Powerspeed(?), a mad thing Uldis is getting done in Scotland, even Janspped. All much better. If you’re going to do trackdays you’ll need to take note of dB levels.

Ian

I know, I know…

…but I will not be doing track days this year due to the insurance I have had to take not including track days (as I am a performance car numpty), and my cash flow is a bit tight due to this purchase. I just wanted another standard one for a year to tide me over. Next year I can go for one of the special exhausts, and a new set of wheels with A048s on them (I paid top money for my car because of its condition, and it is shod with Bridgestone Potenzas - I couldn’t strech to the extra �750 the seller wanted for his spare set of wheels with A048s).

I’ll just have to settle with going on the odd run with you guys (or the Seloc fellas), and may be spectating at the odd trackday or two.

Still, I’m in the club, whoppee

Beautiful,…another Exige in Sarf London. Where abouts are you,…I am in SouthWest London now,…between Barnes and Kew.

A std one from Lotus is likely to be much more than an alternative. A suggestion would be to go to the show at Donnington on 19th March and see what you can pick up cheap. There maybe a cheap std one knocking about.

Otherwise how bad is yours really? I ran mine rather ‘raspy’ for quite a while. Trackday noise limits was what pushed me to change in the end, but you don’t have that worry yet. Couldn’t you just save your money?

One sort of trackday you could do is a Andrew Walsh day (www.carlimits.com). Apparently your standard road insurance covers you (Andy can confirm that), and anyway, it’s held on an airfield where it is virtually impossible to hit anything! It’ll make you safer on track and is likely to help you get better cover when you do come to getting track insurance (Esteem asked me for evidence I knew what I was doing). A 4 person day �150 quid each. Just an idea. You’ll really get to experience the Exige too and help kill those Bridgestones (which will take you ages!) a bit pre-Yokos.

Ian

But it does have a built in Head-gasket failure light!

You don’t need a light Ian - as I found out two weeks ago!!!
Tony

Thought my ears were burning back in Jan !!

Green and Gold will never be sold !!

You don’t need a light Ian - as I found out two weeks ago!!!
Tony

Sorry to hear that Tone

Hope to see you later this year at one of the Mid Engined races

Thanks Rob
Was an excuse to have some valve shims fitted.
Quite exciting having steam coming out of the wheel arches though!!!

“Hope to see you later this year at one of the Mid Engined races”

Wat only one!!!
Diddy will have me going to most of them!

Seeing you once a year is more than enough for anyone

Seeing you once a year is more than enough for anyone

You’ve been talking to my 3 (!!) ex-wives again
I told you they were twitter and bisted

(Before anybody else says it "what’s the third one called, Tony?)

Cheers Ian.

You’re right, as long as the exhaust is not an MOT failure (I’ll know that in a couple of months), then I’ll just have to annoy the neighbours for another year. This will give me some time to see how da Edwards exhaust project comes along.

Thanks for the tip on the airfield driver training - looks interesting.

Benja,

I’m propa saarf London - Croydon way.