W701 XAE - S1 Type 79 - Traded for Exige

HiThinking about purchasing this Elise S1 Type 79 W701 XAE - my first…!! and wondered if anyone on here knew any of its history - as I was informed that it was traded in for an Exige.Any info much appreciated - Many Thanks

It was mine - what do you want to know ?

HiCheers for replying…Really just looking for a bit of reassurance, as it’s my first Elise.I live in Derbyshire and work in Brum, and rather than be at the mercy of Virgin trains, want to make my daily commute fun but reliable!!!I believe its a 2-owner car and just wondered if there was anything that I should look for.Things that the dealer should have sorted prior to purchase - being as it’s top dollar from main dealer.It doesn’t look like its had much track use?Are you the second owner who traded up to the Exige?Many thanks

Yep, I traded in the Elise for with Nick Whale a couple of weeks ago � superb car, missing it already. It had no track use whilst I had it, and I only really kept it for the weekends, so it was garaged most of the time. I kept it fully serviced with HR Owen down here in London (which costs a pretty penny having in mind they charge near on �90 an for labour). I�m sure you will get all the receipts for the work done from NW � its only had normal wearable items replaced like batteries / tyres etc.I paid �23,000 from HR Owen Kensington just over a year ago (with about 4k on the clock). It looked a bit special compared to the normal Elise, so I thought it was worth the premium price. Check out Lotus Elise Heritage / Type 79 for the low down on the model. �Leon

Thanks againI’ve been toying with the idea of a new aluminium or titanium coloured S1, but something keeps drawing me back to this car! Despite the fact my SO dislikes it, especially the gold wheels!!Originally I started looking at cheaper S1’s, but once I’d seen it in the showroom…They have it up for �19,950 but hopefully we can negotiate…I will make sure I ask them for the bills etc.I know the basic spec. and it comes with hardtop, something I really want - should there be a bag for it?You must have loved it to put the mileage on it, what did first owner do with it?Did you deal with John @ NW, they seem a decent outfit on first impressions, no pressure and no-bull.If this car is great, maybe Exige next time…

quote: I know the basic spec. and it comes with hardtop, something I really want - should there be a bag for it? No bag as such � there is one for the soft top, but not the roll bar cover or hard top. quote: You must have loved it to put the mileage on it, what did first owner do with it? Not sure, his contact details are on the log if your interested. I only put about 8K miles on it. quote: Did you deal with John @ NW, they seem a decent outfit on first impressions, no pressure and no-bull. Agree, John�s a good sales man � I went there because it was the only place that had an Exige at the time I was buying. I�ve been nothing short of impressed with the service so far.

Cheers for all the info…Will post after weekend on progress…Maybe only one more weekend before becomming an Elise owner!Hopefully weather will hold out…

LeonAfter looking at another Type 79 at Paul Matty on Saturday morning… drove to NW.They had given it a fantastic polish and overall your former car was cleaner with less miles and although a bit more money, comes with the reassurance of Lotus warranty etc.Well, as you are aware, it drives superbly, and although I have only driven two Elises it felt far better than the std S1 W-Reg, I had previously driven at NW…Probably could have negotiated a bit harder, had I not been grinning from ear to ear, it must have been pretty obvious to all and sundry that I wanted to buy W701 XAE…John came down a bit in price and chucked in the hard-top bag, and reduced price for ally gear gate…So, I pick the Elise up on Friday!Thanks again for the previous info… made the whole process a bit easier. When I first started enquiring certain other Midlands Lotus Dealers were pretty disinterested in a S1 potential purchaser - trying to get me to stretch to a S2 sports tourer etc., so overall very impressed with customer service @ NW.

Nice one,I hope it brings you as much pleasure as it did me. [image]http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_auto/kitt-kit.gif[/image]