VX220 or Exige or Elise??

Having sold my brand new Alfa Romeo Spider (what an idiot I was buying it in the first place I here you say!), I’m now without any wheels. I test drove an Elise 160 Sport a couple of weeks ago and wasn’t that impressed with the performance and dont think I could live with the lumpy, erraticly idling engine. Today I went on an hour long test drive of a new special edition VX220 and was suprisingly impressed. So much so that I’ve put down a deposit and unless I change my mind, It’ll be mine on Jan2! Now, having made such a HUGE mistake with the Spider I want to make sure I’m doing the right thing with the VX220. I was tempted to go for an Exige too but dont think I’ve got the convertible bug out of my system yet. Has anyone out there had experience with all 3 cars and can give me any advice? Thanks

If you can’t live with 160’s lumpy engine, the Exige is not for you! The Exige is basically a road legal track car - you either love it or hate it for what it is!!! Personally, I could live with mine as my everyday car (12K miles in 6 months), but that’s youthful enthusiasm for you [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image][This message has been edited by Pesky (edited 21 December 2001).]