voltage supply

Bullet cam won’t work off of the lighter point anymore,point is powered up as tom tom/phone still charges etc but the cam still works in the mitsi l200.Any ideas what couldd be the cause in the lotus?

marc.

Ive had problems before where the plug doesnt stay in the socket or doesnt make good contact. also, bit of a long shot but check the voltage output.
gav

Ive had problems before where the plug doesnt stay in the socket or doesnt make good contact. also, bit of a long shot but check the voltage output.
gav

if it’s lack of voltage output whats the fix for that?

marc.

gav

marc.

if it has worked previously then it should work now, ie it has the designed output. Could it be, as suggested that it is a loose fit in the socket and so the power is failing?

I guess a real alternative would be a separate bvattery pack - only a �5 (I think) for one of those 8 AA carriers.

gav

marc.

if it has worked previously then it should work now, ie it has the designed output. Could it be, as suggested that it is a loose fit in the socket and so the power is failing?

I guess a real alternative would be a separate bvattery pack - only a �5 (I think) for one of those 8 AA carriers.

Ok have had a look and if i plug just the camera in (no mic) then it works plug the two in together cam does’nt power up.so i am guessing it’s low supply.Why should this have happened though,battery or alternator?Cars still in warranty.

marc.

Got any more details - whose kit are you using? Are you plugging the microphone in separately or off the bullet camera lead?

have no idea what brand the cam is,the mic is indeed spurred off of the cam lead.

marc.