VHPD Value

Imagine if somebody had hypothetically bought a K20A today and was wondering about the value for a 30k mile boggo standard VHPD/gearbox/ancillaries with full service history including recent belts etc,…any ideas for market value folks??

If anyone knows anyone looking for such an engine and would like to experience the raw k-series power running before it is removed then PM me and such things could be possible.

Indemnity Statement : Should my g/f, bank manager or any party associated with my finances read this thread then any Honda transplant activity is purely hypothetical and for the purposes of illustration and not related to any present or future actual upgrade activities. Any monetary transaction appearing on my account today involving a well known salvage operator to the approximate value of a nice low-miles K20A are almost certainly unrelated to the aforementioned activities.The value of VHPD engines may go up as well as down

ROFLMAO

“value of VHPD engines may go up as well as down”

I think I spot a flaw in that discalimer

VHPD engines have certainly gone up, as in:

• gone up in flames
  • gone up in in an oily cloud
  • gone up in a cloud of black smoke
  • gone up in a cloud of white smoke

LOL

Stop it guys you might be putting off potential buyers I am literally bracing myself for a flood of people falling over themselves to get hold of such a gem of an engine

So if �3-4k was the stuff of (my) dreams a while ago what is reasonable in todays market? Am I dreaming at �2k?

Well I’ll have it if it’s cheaper to install than my C service!

Ian

LOL

Stop it guys you might be putting off potential buyers

sorry - that definitely was not the intention. Have you advertised it on other sites? You may have a better chance of selling to Elise rather than Exige owners.

I was joking Steve,…I think anyone buying a VHPD would fully appreciate some of its ‘features’.

Maybe try eBay? Then let them bid for the best price?

Also set the reserve high so you can “choose” who to sell it to

But I’ll start the bidding at 30p, a bag of chips and half a mars bar

Just because i still have a VHPD and a spare 1, I would like to start the bidding at 3000 squids, lets all stick together and up these prices a bit

Have to laugh at remarks bid, when i needed to set the cam timing i phoned my mechanic at 9pm on a saturday night and offered him 3 cigarettes, a mars bar and 2 stimorols, all of which were in the bedside table at the time. We now relate all work to a mars bar value.

Have to laugh at remarks bid, when i needed to set the cam timing i phoned my mechanic at 9pm on a saturday night and offered him 3 cigarettes, a mars bar and 2 stimorols, all of which were in the bedside table at the time. We now relate all work to a mars bar value.

I would have taken that in a snap!

You’re lucky if you get half a rollup over here

Heh Mark - maybe we could do a deal with whoever buys your car and you could sell it with a handy spare engine

I will only accept Mars Bars as a currency if you can persuade Hills (where I got the K20A from) to do the same