VHPD Exhaust Manifold

Just had a DVA head port completed! GREAT job!

To keep things flowing, what’s considered to be the most efficient VHPD exhaust manifold please? Is the standard unit up to the job? The Elise Parts offering is well advertised!..

Any other ideas or thoughts would be most appreciated?

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Good choice on using DVA! The eliseparts manifold is excellent. It’s superbly well made by Simpson racing exhausts and performs very well too. I’m getting a bit more power than the standard VHPD and the manifold still isn’t the limiting factor. It’s relatively light too. The one thing that I’m not massively impressed with about it is that you have to modify the undertray to allow the manifold fit as it protrudes through the oval hole in it.

As for the standard manifold being up to the job on a standard VHPD. Yes it is simply, but if you’re going to make full benefit of any of DVAs work it’s worth having it mapped and if that’s the case there’s definately more to be gained over the entire rev range by using the eliseparts manifold over the standard one.

HTH

Steven

Steven

Many thx for the reply. I have an Emerald ECU, so the EP one does sound good! How much of a mod is required on the undertray? Any pics!

DVA… ts a shame to hide all the great porting behind manifolds eh!

Pete.

Hi Pete,

The undertray just needs the oval hole between the two NACA ducts widening a little is all. I haven’t got any pics of it I’m afraid.
Yep, I am, have been and most probably always will be very impressed by DVA. Did you get anything else done while having the porting done?

Hi Pete,

The undertray just needs the oval hole between the two NACA ducts widening a little is all. I haven’t got any pics of it I’m afraid.
Yep, I am, have been and most probably always will be very impressed by DVA. Did you get anything else done while having the porting done?

Hi Stephen

Silly not too eh!

Full port, valves, 1227 cams… added to the verniers and Emerald should produce some nice power!

Guess the EP exhaust will have to be fitted!

IMHO, Anyone with a VHPD should go down this route… the engine is transformed into a smooth running unit with much better power and torque! The ‘pop bang’ and dipping clutch stuff goes away a tad… but still a nice cammy idle, the same spine tingling noise at high rpm and some greatly improved drivability!

But we know that eh!

the noise a vhpd makes is great, i love the pops and bangs to. Its the one thing i miss when i took it out for the honda and now the Audi. Its good to see people are keeping the vhpd in the Exiges (dont loose the pops and bangs though).

Full port, valves, 1227 cams… added to the verniers and Emerald should produce some nice power!

Interested to see what power that maps to.

Ian

Me too Ian…

But sadly Elise Parts now have non in stock!!!

Just my luck!!! Now we will have to wait and see… A shame as it is in bits at the moment but will not be for much longer!

Is yours the standard manifold? Obviously you have a good unit with the R/R results you got!

Pete.

Yep, std 190 VHPD, only engine mod is a breather kit/catch-tank (that doesn’t catch too well and keeps making a mess of the boot!). Oh, I guess I should add they the a/c has been removed and a remote PRT stat added.

Make sure your throttle is making 100%, mine wasn’t, despite more than one garage saying they’d checked it.

Ian

The undertray just needs the oval hole between the two NACA ducts widening a little is all.

if you don’t like the idea of touching the undertray, you can fit spacers between the undertray and subframe. 4 of them for the main (M8) bolts and you’re ok.