VAG rules - put up or post up !!!

As for Champion not following the NGK coldness grades, how useful…you’d think there would be a universal standard :shrug: :rolleyes: Oh well.

Hey… i don’t think the Brits followed the Japs on this one… in fact when did the Brits ever follow the Japs at anything… apart from putting engines in their sports cars… but i guess they were looking at the plugs they copied upside down or after too many Sake’s

Whatever, I’ll add the words Vica Versa if it will help…

Got my Exige back after Bernard did something in the back (300bhp). Nearest thing to riding a Duccati! Have you noticed that all the roads are suddenly shorter and everybody is driving in 1st gear?
Currently limited to 1.2 bar boost until the Emerald software does some catching up. Then 1.5 bar boost which should increase bhp and torque by a further 10%.
Now the car is close to what Lotus must have had in mind when they developed the Exige.

So has it made up for the Esthi then Ken?

Seems a lot cheaper, lighter and nearly as powerful!

Ian

Mike, I can’t see anybody wanting more power. All the roads seem incredibly short (vision wise) and I shall have to have a searchlight fitted on the roof for night driving. Talk about the speed of light.
This conversion saved me about �75,000 compared to the Esthi (which now appears to have died). It sounds a bit more raucous compared to the Esthi, but that is half the fun. That waste gate produces music of its own.
On Bernard’s advice, I changed the gear change from the B&C kit back to the standard one and gear changing is quite slick now (it wasn’t with the B&C).

sounds good…would be my choice as well if it was allowed here and if I had the dosh…
laters,
B

Ive just had a report back from MSC. Looks like they are now getting over 300bhp from a supercharged Honda Exige . They have done a few miles in it too… with zero reliability issues .

So you tempted?

Ian

So you tempted?

I don’t think he could handle the power

They have done a few miles in it too… with zero reliability issues .

Could you report back when they’ve done a few thousand miles.

Isn’t that an afternoon in your car Ken?!

Isn’t that an afternoon in your car Ken?!

Yes Sirree.

Ken - they have done almost 1k miles on it so far as they had to run it in before it was dyno’d in anger. Those were gentle miles though so will report back again when I here more although I think the owner looks on here sometimes so maybe he will give us some feedback??

Pesky - you’re bloody right… I think a roadcar that spins its wheels in almost every gear is a scary idea .

hey - my car is now officially back on song, having had the head exchanged by Jabba, and a couple of pistons replaced… Thanks guys !!

I will still be going back to Emerald for a comprehensive remap, just in case…

It also has a new set of IMODIUM plugs, which are perfect for the car…

\

\

Imodium is an absolute must when you have 300+bhp Mike! Do you have a dispenser on the dash?

\

Imodium is an absolute must when you have 300+bhp Mike! Do you have a dispenser on the dash?

I thought that kind of power made you sh*t yourself anyway with the need of laxatives… Or is that the “plugs” part?

\

I thought that kind of power made you sh*t yourself anyway with the need of laxatives… Or is that the “plugs” part?

Absolutely no sh*t - Sherlock

slaps forehead

D’oh!!! I’ve forgotten my glasses today so I’m reading like a glycemic Mr. Magoo! (Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking too it LOL!)

Imodium works wonders…

Mike glad to hear you are nearly back firing on all cylinders… once you stop taking those tabs tho’

Will we see you at Croft then ?

I have a mate who wouldn’t mind a chat with you 'bout your car… if you don’t mind doing that could you send me your number ?

cheers

Mike

I am booked for Croft, and will be there unless dead first…

Will be offering pax rides, of course, once I know the circuit a bit !!

Will email phone details.