V6 Cup ownership review video

Lotus Exige V6 Cup Year One. 12 month ownership review. - YouTube

Great viewing - thanks for sharing

I’m tempted by one of these but feel very much in a minority ( no bad thing )

I notice the yellow CUP in Newcaste remains unsold after 10 months - seems odd given the performance & the reviews the car has had. These things should be flying out - surely??

Cup is too compromised for most compared to the standard car perhaps. And unless you are a driving god, then no performance gain either?

Edit to add - nice video :sunglasses:

Yep, V6 Cup is very much a niche market product, although I’d have one in a flash if I had the dosh.

I guess I see the Evora as the better road car and the V6 Cup as a better track car versus the V6S.

The V6 S is great for occasional track days but if you start doing a lot you’ll soon be wanting to upgrade to Cup spec anyway, at greater expense. A number of V6S owners who love track days have already fitted the Nitrons, uprated brakes and so on. Seems to me they’d have been better off going from the Cup from the start. A V6S with all the Cup parts is £3k more than the V6 Cup and is still nearly 70kg heavier.

Clearly the compromise of the V6S works better for most people but I don’t know why the yellow V6 Cup hasn’t sold, others have sold very quickly. I have heard that some people have found insurance hard to get due to the lack of security and lack of airbags. I suspect that has something to do with it.

Funny though, most seemed to see the Cup 260 as the ‘ultimate’ S2 Exige, no-one seemed particularly bothered that it was so track focused, I never heard anyone claim they’d rather have a regular Exige S.

The V6 has stonking performance out of the box in either guise, whereas the S2 S is a maximum 240 standard Vs 260 Cup, so an instant performance advantage on paper at least.

I’d love a V6S Exige for the road though, but settle for the Evora S for practical reasons. Not that it is too shabby on track either and suits me just fine.

Power hasn’t increased but the weight saving is greater between V6S and V6 Cup than it was between 4 cyl Exige S and Exige Cup.

Removing 70kgs has the same effect as another 25bhp on the power/weight ratio. That’s just the straight line benefit. To make up the claimed 2-3 seconds per lap difference around Hethel you’d need a lot more than that in a V6S as you can only claw back the time on the straights.

I’m preaching to the converted here though surely?!

I think people like the creature comforts, I know I would. I had a 240PPP S2 and wouldn’t have wanted the compromise of the 260 Cup and I think the same would be said if I was in the market for an S3, which one day I hope to be. I would want the road car and then I would add a few bits to make it more track ready if I found it lacking. You can’t really have your cake and eat it. Dedicated road or track cars, will always be a compromise when trying to do both.

That’s three P’s there Sean, so what is the third one

Mmm…poppadum, pakura, paratha or pickles :mrgreen:

Creature comforts?!

Wrong forum.

Wrong car.